Boycott The Independent and The I

Zabbasbeard

Team supported
Manchester City
Boycott The Independent

Until recently, I used to get the Independent every day. I even bought the first edition back in 1986 in the week that City drew 1-1 with United at home - Mick McCarthy heading City's equaliser and the late Tony Grealish adding much needed bite in midfield.
Now that The Independent have a regular column which Paul Scholes uses to slag Manchester City off at every opportunity, I won't be bothering any more. Unlike his former team mate Gary Neville's observations, Scholes' sneering column lacks objectivity and is clearly a disgraceful bias. If The Independent want to treat their paper like a sneering United fanzine I won't be buying it. If I wanted a United fanzine I'd buy Red Issue or United We Stand who have already cornered that grubby market or visit Red Cafe, but I don't want to read a United fanzine! I urge all City fans to join us and boycott The Independent, The Independent on Sunday and The I, whether it be buying it, or accessing their website. Let them find their own way of dealing with their further falls in sales.

Never thought it was that good as a paper anyway but if they have Scholes doing a column full of bile I will stick to the Telegraph. (on the odd occasion I buy one) at least there footy coverage is knowledgeable.

Blue Mist said:
Never thought it was that good as a paper anyway but if they have Scholes doing a column full of bile I will stick to the Telegraph. (on the odd occasion I buy one) at least there footy coverage is knowledgeable.

Really? Have you never seen the stuff Mark Ogden puts out?

Surprised when I see people reading newspapers tbh... Quite a rariety, unless I nip on the odd occasion into a typical sandwich bar and come across Bob the builder reading The Scum.

Even my Grandfather, in his late 70's has a tablet these days and downloads all his cricket and politics articles.

The Independent has a very small circulation and I doubt many buy it anyway. In January 2014 the circulation was 66,576, the lowest of any national newspaper. To put that into perspective, the second lowest was The Guardian with 207,958 and the highest was The Sun (says a lot...) with 2,213,659.

What made me laugh is the best article about City from an Independent journalist has just been printed... on a different website. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2014/10/03/city-may-be-richer-than-god-but-are-their-fans-really-poorer-than-uniteds-it-matters-031002/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportingintelligence.com/201 ... rs-031002/</a>

Why Always Ste said:
Surprised when I see people reading newspapers tbh... Quite a rariety, unless I nip on the odd occasion into a typical sandwich bar and come across Bob the builder reading The Scum.

Even my Grandfather, in his late 70's has a tablet these days and downloads all his cricket and politics articles.

The point is to boycott ALL forms of The Independent - eg the less hits on their site the less potential advertising revenue. Any chance to hit their revenue should be taken.

LoveCity said:
The Independent has a very small circulation and I doubt many buy it anyway. In January 2014 the circulation was 66,576, the lowest of any national newspaper. To put that into perspective, the second lowest was The Guardian with 207,958 and the highest was The Sun (says a lot...) with 2,213,659.

What made me laugh is the best article about City from an Independent journalist has just been printed... on a different website. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2014/10/03/city-may-be-richer-than-god-but-are-their-fans-really-poorer-than-uniteds-it-matters-031002/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportingintelligence.com/201 ... rs-031002/</a>

With such a low circulation then the more people boycott it then the bigger the effect of every person stopping buying it or visiting their website. Would serve a warning to other publications.

If everyone boycotts it, how will we know when they say something nasty about us?

Zabbasbeard said:
Why Always Ste said:

The point is to boycott ALL forms of The Independent - eg the less hits on their site the less potential advertising revenue. Any chance to hit their revenue should be taken.

I think what Ste is suggesting is how I also view the media, i.e. it's shit.

Why pay for news when you can get it for free from a range of sources and download it for free so that you need not have to see the advertising whilst you read?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.