Bradley Wiggins

I'm confident that paralympians are also allowed TUEs. I agree that the circumstances around Wiggins' injections are suspicious but suggesting that unwell athletes should be refused the most effective treatments if they wish to compete is ridiculous.

Doesn't it depend on how effective the TUE's are in treating the symptoms of the medical condition, relative to their performance enhancing benefits?

If the TUE's are 100% (or close to 100%) effective in treating the symptoms of the medical condition then, by taking the TUE, the athlete is no longer disadvantaged by the medical condition. But they also benefit from the performance enhancing side effects.

this /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

asthma can not be cured and the drugs that help is a steroids base and is on ban list so you can only take it on medical grounds in a short space of time

i was a very good footballer and fast winger when young but asthma stopped me taking it to the next level i was that bad i needed 2 of the inhalers 3 times day the brown and blue type and i just could not play without them its was like a breath of fresh air taking it you could feel great for a small space of time but the more you used the inhalers the feeling got shorter and shorter and you start to use them as a quick fix and that is the problem

asthma back then when i was playing sports was the unknown and am talking about only 30 years ago the quick fix was fine just use it when needed was the advise but now am coming up to my 50th and about 5 years ago my eyes started to play up bleeding in both eye's and floaters and my vision was shot and 4 operations and cataracts in both eye's it even had the doctors baffled to why my eye's was in a shocking stage and they come up with a verdict that it could be down to over use of inhalers steroids the back of my eyes was like a 70 year old
My asthma was cured. I couldn't breathe as a kid and am fine now. But I think that was just age and getting bigger.

Sorry about your eyes though, that's awful.

Should be fairly easy for him to clear this up and prove that he's been a lifelong asthmatic. I agree he shouldn't have to do that, but it would be the simplest way to prove he's not been lying.

I wonder why he hasn't done it yet.

Well I don't think he's been keeping it a secret nor that he's been taking medication for it. I'm not sure what the fuss is all about.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/heal...fer-from-exercise-induced-asthma-7975769.html
In that case, I agree with you. The problem seems to be with the secrecy that surrounds the TUEs. It needs to be more transparent.

I also don't believe athletes should be able to take PEDs for medical purposes if a viable alternative exists. If there's a chance that these drugs help the athlete overcome their illness but also enhance their performance, then that simply isn't fair on the competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.