Bratislavia

withingtonmcfc

Going next week as part of a trip around the Danube. Has anyone been and if so, what did you think of the place? Got a guidebook and it looks very small for a capital city.

yeah went about 5/6 years ago doing inter rail thing. only spent two days there and that was enough for me. not much going on tbh. got some very nice old buildings, and its great to have a beer out in the street in the town centre in the blazing sun.

theres two castles in/near the city, one is pretty much in the city centre and is worth a walk up for the view, the other one is a bus ride out of the city and is just some ruins you can walk round.

one thing i definitely recommend is getting the bus up to the kamzik tv tower and then going to the restaurant for something to eat (not very expensive from what i recall) the view is stunning, worth the trip to bratislava on its own.

Went last year nice place. I agree with DirtyEddie there isnt much going on and you can walk round the entire city in about 4 hours.

Make sure you go up to the top of the ufo, views are amazing and its not a total rip off for beer when you get to the top, but you do have to pay £6 for the privlidge of going up there.

You can get the train to vienna for about £9 return that is definatly worth a trip.

All in all fun trip who are you flying with, if its sky europe make sure you take a book as we were delayed for 4 hours coming back and this is a common occurance according to the staff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.