Breakdown cover

smeeagain

Has anybody got any good/bad experiences , I need advice on who to buy breakdown cover from ,I have 3 vehicles want cover for me and the mrs .

Found green flag to be the cheapest and also good when needed. They also allow you to select what you actually need. E.g if you don’t need European cover on certain cars it reduces the price.

Has anybody got any good/bad experiences , I need advice on who to buy breakdown cover from ,I have 3 vehicles want cover for me and the mrs .
I pay £12.50 with the AA per month covers full breakdown in Britain will put you up in hotel, courtesy car etc if they can't fix it and bring you and 3 passengers home anywhere in the uk

Found green flag to be the cheapest and also good when needed. They also allow you to select what you actually need. E.g if you don’t need European cover on certain cars it reduces the price.
Another for Green Flag.

Seem to have at least the same level of service if not better than the big two and last time I checked were around 15% cheaper.

I used the meerkat price comparison site and went with one of the cheapest which was a third of the price of the RAC. I checked out their customer satisfaction rating and they seemed ok. Haven’t had to use them yet so how they perform is still unknown but hey, I’m saving money 10 months into the first year.

I used Green flag for years as they seemed value for money. A couple of years ago they hiked up their prices so went to Churchill and bought exactly the same cover for half the price and the service is provided by Green Flag!

I'm in my second year with 'Rescue My Car'. They were the cheapest on a comparison site. It works out £50 a year for nationwide repair or recovery. If you do use them, you pay a forty quid excess each time.

I used them once and they were very quick to arrange a truck when my fanbelt went. Funny thing was, I had driven into a garden centre's carpark and instead of trying to park in a bay, I went for the overflow area; a large expanse of grass. The truck turned up and loaded my car onto its bed then it couldn't leave as it was too heavy and its wheels just spun.

He offloaded my car again but the truck couldn't get out of the ruts it had made so he had to phone his own company for another truck to resuce him!

It was a nice sunny, Sunday afternoon so the wife and I were not bothered, found it all quite amusing, but didn't feel cruel enough to film it all and post on Youtube/Bluemoon etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.