Brentford away tickets on sale

Perhaps some corporates didn't fancy a cold midweek match. I just managed to get one of them online so I am not complaining. I still think clubs should be forced to provide bigger allocations as a condition of being the PL. Perhaps a minimum of 3000 and at least 8 per cent of capacity for bigger grounds. Bournemouth took the piss for years. Taking the TV money but not extending the ground. There should be minimum standards for PL stadia and capacity should be at least 20,000.
It is difficult if you are renting a ground, spend a fortune on it and they put the rent up. Relocating takes longer than 5 years.

Perhaps some corporates didn't fancy a cold midweek match. I just managed to get one of them online so I am not complaining. I still think clubs should be forced to provide bigger allocations as a condition of being the PL. Perhaps a minimum of 3000 and at least 8 per cent of capacity for bigger grounds. Bournemouth took the piss for years. Taking the TV money but not extending the ground. There should be minimum standards for PL stadia and capacity should be at least 20,000.
Nope, Corporate have gone to a ballot due the demand

It is difficult if you are renting a ground, spend a fortune on it and they put the rent up. Relocating takes longer than 5 years.
Perhaps but most clubs in the Championship would qualify. The PL is the biggest sports competition in the world and it is reasonable to set minimum standards in terms of size of capacity, safety etc. Brentford built a new ground and it should have been bigger if they have any ambition. In West London they could easily get 25,000 a week in the PL.
For example Burnley's ground is a disgrace with dangerous crowding conditions in the concourse at the away end which have not been improved for decades. I honestly can't see how it gets a safety certificate. They have been getting £100m plus in TV money for years. Still they are US owned and we know that most American owners don't give a shit about the fans.

Brentford built a new ground and it should have been bigger if they have any ambition.
That's a bit harsh, the space for construction was restricted by existing railway lines, originally it was meant to be 20,000 capacity but was reduced to 17,250 in the final plans because a new access road was required.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.