Brentford (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

When the defender is not watching the ball or corner being taken then grabbing Haaland and pulling him to the ground is a stonewall pen for me, it happened every time City had a corner and the Referee was just letting go, VAR should have had a word the first time it happened and let the referee know what going on, But AGAIN why did Var let it happen over and over again.

Like I said, I rewatched some of the game and clearly, the Match officials were taking orders from above and told to give us nothing, Brentford's first foul committed and given by the Referee in the game was in the 58-minute (crazy)
Fairly sure that referees have been told to only penalise if the player affected would clearly have had an opportunity to head or strike the incoming ball.

I'm sure it has been posted, but I've not seen it. How great an achievement is Haalands new stat, after just over one season, taking injury into account, in now scoring against every premier league team. I can't recall anyone doing it in so few games. Last nights goal was a pleasure to witness live and his shot was perfection. Dead Eyed Dick thats Erling;-)
Luton say "Hi". - Unless you're guaranteeing him a goal in either the cup tie or when we play them in April.

For the first time this season, we looked like we were running on empty in both games the Chelsea and Brentford games, It happens to all the best teams at some point in the season, it can last a couple of games or can be long term and season-ending, But Quality players can find new levels and all of a sudden look fresh as a daisy and go again

Maybe it is Pep management and wanting to keep something in the bank for when the time is right to take the reins off and let them go, We all watched the Champions League game vs Copenhagen a couple of weeks ago and in the first half City was flying and looked amazing, So maybe pep thought OK we can put that back in the box until the we face the better teams that are coming up
Just watched the full match replay as I couldn’t go to the game yesterday. I wouldn’t remotely say City we running on empty.

Brentford are really awkward to play against and they always seem to raise their game for City. They are organised, get men behind the ball and work very hard.

City dominated the game and had to be patient. It paid off.

Fairly sure that referees have been told to only penalise if the player affected would clearly have had an opportunity to head or strike the incoming ball.
Wow if true and on Webbs watch. It’s spoiling the game. Give a pen every time and it stops all this crazy hands on. If our defenders did this I’d be like same it’s a penalty you just can’t go hands on. Also once again sick of the linesmen not flagging straight away when it’s obvious offsides. Stupid new rules.

Wow if true and on Webbs watch. It’s spoiling the game. Give a pen every time and it stops all this crazy hands on. If our defenders did this I’d be like same it’s a penalty you just can’t go hands on. Also once again sick of the linesmen not flagging straight away when it’s obvious offsides. Stupid new rules.
Change it, and it will be City that gives away the first "New Frontczek" penalty.

Change it, and it will be City that gives away the first "New Frontczek" penalty.
You'd expect so given the way we are reffed. However, we were the first to benefit (at Stoke IIRC) when they tried to introduce something similar about 7 or 8 years ago. Stoke were given a penalty of their own for a similar offence in the second half after man mountain Raheem Sterling went near one of their delicate flowers.

Just watched the full match replay as I couldn’t go to the game yesterday. I wouldn’t remotely say City we running on empty.

Brentford are really awkward to play against and they always seem to raise their game for City. They are organised, get men behind the ball and work very hard.

I agree with you, it seems a lot of teams seem to really put it in against City but drop their levels playing against our other title contenders. Stuart Pearce has recently alluded to this too.. I also remember when Man United had a successful side back in their day.. teams would roll up at Old Trafford and have their belly’s tickled even when they played them at home.

it's not that we didn't put in a shift, but it was far too slow and the movement was not there.
When we are flying the ball moves around the pitch and the game passes by in a flash. Even if teams park the bus and get everybody back behind the ball we normally work them over.

Yes Brentford plays a type of football Pep and City struggle with But City just looked miles off, Maybe it is management by Pep and he knows we have to be careful and look after the players and not burn them out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.