Brentford (H) - PL | Post Match Thread

Brentford outstanding
City did enough
Haaland different gravy
Alex Williams in The Townley
Decent atmosphere
Savio plucking the ball out of the air like vintage Mahrez on crack

But, the highlight of the day was Knutsford Services. Loads of slapped arse scousers being serenaded by Blues and Forest fans with a highly amusing rendition of "Odoi made the scousers cry"

Fucking quality.

Brentford outstanding
I thought they were very good for about 20 minutes, whilst we were an absolute comedy show in defence.

After that I thought they were like virtually everyone else at the Etihad, defensive and pretty fortunate, their keeper (and a post) kept it at 2-1, it probably should have been 4 or 5-1 in the end.

I thought they largely gave up attacking in the second half until the final 10 minutes, but that was because we'd not killed it off as we should have.

It's another win, that's ultimately all that matters.

Wasn't an easy watch because we couldn't kill the game off.

We always want to win.
No doubt.
But there's levels mate and we've got a lot of levels to go to compared to Brentford.
Our quality saw us through.
If your being honest they could have had 3 or 4 in the first half.
That Brentford gave such a good account of themselves but could have ended up being battered by City shows how up for it City were.

That'll do. Only team with max points.

Credit to Brentford, we won't play many teams as brave on the ball as them.
Brentford were excellent - came with the attitude of having a go and taking risks rather than parking the bus, inviting pressure and almost certainly losing. They have decent players. As for us, this is our best start for many years - we're closer to our capacity than we normally are at this stage. Yes, some defensive rough edges to iron out, but I'm enjoying this start. Erling becoming unplayable - you can see the improvement on what was already stellar.

Reactions: OB1
An odd sort of game where we could have won 5 or 6-1. And yet I wouldn't have been shocked had it finished 2-2 or even worse. Amazing how much better a game is when the opposition actually try to attack, rather than just set up camp on the edge of their own box and hope for the best.
Might encourage a few others to have a go. Better strikers and it would have been rewarded.
Brentford were excellent - came with the attitude of having a go and taking risks rather than parking the bus, inviting pressure and almost certainly losing. They have decent players. As for us, this is our best start for many years - we're closer to our capacity than we normally are at this stage. Yes, some defensive rough edges to iron out, but I'm enjoying this start. Erling becoming unplayable - you can see the improvement on what was already stellar.
we won 6/6 last season.

I

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.