Brentford (H) - Sat 14th Sept, 15:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
13:45, new rule for this year, 75 mins before kick off
Was just coming in to ask about this. It's been an hour fifteen for fa cup/league cup games for a while, but I wasn't sure about the league this year. I wonder if the extra fifteen minutes will give pep more tinkering time to sus out our opponents tactics.

Is it the same in the champions League?

When Pep was asked in the press conference about Rico playing left back for England he replied that Rico was never a left back and needed to be on the right overlapping the winger and occasionally slotting into midfield. The very next game Pep starts Rico at left back. Got to love the bald fraud. He’s the master of Clarkying and wumming. Legend
Not strictly true, he said he can't play on the left if he's on the outside getting up and down putting in crosses but he can if he's coming inside and linking things up which is what we expect him to do.

Was just coming in to ask about this. It's been an hour fifteen for fa cup/league cup games for a while, but I wasn't sure about the league this year. I wonder if the extra fifteen minutes will give pep more tinkering time to sus out our opponents tactics.

Is it the same in the champions League?
Apparently we were out of step with all/most European leagues, so we've now aligned with them. CL has always been 75 mins

Looking at that team and the bench one must think that's surely the strongest squad ever seen in history of Prem league. I love and respect all past players but we are a long way from the days of arguing about whether Samaras was an upgrade to Vassell.

Interesting selection. We start with only one naturally left-footed outfield player, Savinho, and he’ll presumably be on the right. We’ve done that before but sometimes found the play to funnel through the middle or to one side, so we’ll need Grealish to keep out wide to stretch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.