Brian Cox

I did and posted the results as a reply to the post you’ve just replied to.
I edited my post to say it's only part of the reason. Ground heating is an equally big part, but I stand corrected about the pressure bit.

It's 40 years since I studied this stuff :-)

I edited my post to say it's only part of the reason. Ground heating is an equally big part, but I stand corrected about the pressure bit.

It’s ok. I was wrong as well. Originally starting writing to say he wasn’t right and googled it and found it was me that was wrong. I wasn’t overly upset as I like learning.

The reason the ground heating is important is because of the differing densities but yeah, ground heating does play a part but it's not the route cause. At least that's my understanding of it, I'd be happy to read something if I'm wrong though :)

Can I ask, I take it Earth has always weighed the same. So us humans reproducing more than ever and buildings and everything else around us now, as something can not come from nothing, is irrelevant in that respect.

Save the odd meteorite.

Can I ask, I take it Earth has always weighed the same. So us humans reproducing more than ever and buildings and everything else around us now, as something can not come from nothing, is irrelevant in that respect.

Save the odd meteorite.
You're right on one point anyway. If nothing comes from outside then it always weighs the same. 1 + 0 = 1. I'd be unsure on whether the energy input from the sun all gets used or whether any of it is converted to mass though, that could increase weight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.