Brian Marwood.

twinkletoes said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
twinkletoes said:
IMHO I think this is a Ray Wilkins to Chelsea type appointment.

Why?

Our clubs relationship with the media is very fraught at the moment. Marwood's background is working in the media as was Wilkins.

Wilkins was brought in for work on the training ground, to replace Steve Clark. This is totally different.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Ghost in my house said:
BlueDune said:
I can imagine that as we are getting towards the summer, the phones will be glowing with every agent and his dog looking for meetings and touting their players. If MH took every call then he'd be doing nothing else all day. Perhaps getting Brian Marwood in means having somebody who knows football, understands the commercial side of life, can sort out the possibles from the no-hopers and will take some of the workload off MH.

Chief Operating Officer should be managing at executive level things like staffing, ground maintenance, catering, hospitality and ticket office (full time job we know).
Correct. And as I've previously mentioned, the board need a link between them and Hughes who understands the game.....someone who can be objective in their assessment of performances and management Vs the timescales that the board have in mind.

Put simply, if the board were to sack MH tomorrow, not one member of that board has the footballing credentials to back up the decision. On the flip side, not one of them has the credentials to understand when the manager is doing a good job in light of circumstances.

Again, this Marwood appointment is another piece of professionalism that our new owners are bringing to MCFC.

You can sit there and get all "victor meldrew" with your "....if Cook needs his hand holding..." tripe and "..it just sounds like a disguised DoF role...." whinging, or.......you could believe what the club says about the remit of the role and the consultation with MH and maybe, just maybe, give some credence to the points that BlueDune has raised.

ADUG have done plenty to impress me thus far, but some of you lot seem content to search for a negative in each and every decision made at MCFC Towers. Shame on you for that.

Great post. The points about needing a football guy on the board are absolutely bang on. I st hope Marwood can do a good job

Agreed. Sounds like a constructive and sensible appointment to me. Good Luck Brian Marwood.

BlueDune said:
I can imagine that as we are getting towards the summer, the phones will be glowing with every agent and his dog looking for meetings and touting their players. If MH took every call then he'd be doing nothing else all day. Perhaps getting Brian Marwood in means having somebody who knows football, understands the commercial side of life, can sort out the possibles from the no-hopers and will take some of the workload off MH.

Chief Operating Officer should be managing at executive level things like staffing, ground maintenance, catering, hospitality and ticket office (full time job we know).

this.

Ghost in my house said:
Correct. And as I've previously mentioned, the board need a link between them and Hughes who understands the game.....someone who can be objective in their assessment of performances and management Vs the timescales that the board have in mind.

Put simply, if the board were to sack MH tomorrow, not one member of that board has the footballing credentials to back up the decision. On the flip side, not one of them has the credentials to understand when the manager is doing a good job in light of circumstances.

Again, this Marwood appointment is another piece of professionalism that our new owners are bringing to MCFC.

You can sit there and get all "victor meldrew" with your "....if Cook needs his hand holding..." tripe and "..it just sounds like a disguised DoF role...." whinging, or.......you could believe what the club says about the remit of the role and the consultation with MH and maybe, just maybe, give some credence to the points that BlueDune has raised.

ADUG have done plenty to impress me thus far, but some of you lot seem content to search for a negative in each and every decision made at MCFC Towers. Shame on you for that.

this.

Balti said:
Agreed. Sounds like a constructive and sensible appointment to me. Good Luck Brian Marwood.

and this.

and i'd also like to second the "Marwood is shite, Marwood out" post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.