brian marwood

skinhead123

does anybody know hes real title because currently its up to him if a fringe or reserve player gets a new contract or an extension .just curious

just read this
Another problem is that, with none of Hughes’s close-knit backroom staff still at the club, the briefings Mancini has been given on players are not as detailed or extensive as Mark Bowen, Eddie Niedzwiecki or Kevin Hitchcock would have been able to deliver.
Brian Marwood, the football administrator and former Arsenal and England midfield player, can be consulted, but Brian Kidd, the Italian’s assistant, joined City only 2½ months ago and was on the periphery of the first team.

marwood is currently making the choices on the kids who can stay and who can go or who,s contracts are coming to an end .god help any player who gets judged by him cause im not sure what qualifies him to do this.This is not very profesional from city and know doubt marwood is gonna drop some big clangers.

Excellent thread. Not at all just stirring and speculating... Who gives a shit about supporting your team and being optimistic about the future when you can do that eh?

skinhead123 said:
marwood is currently making the choices on the kids who can stay and who can go or who,s contracts are coming to an end .god help any player who gets judged by him cause im not sure what qualifies him to do this.This is not very profesional from city and know doubt marwood is gonna drop some big clangers.

If he does turn out to be the director of football, this is exactly the decisions he will be in charge of making. The idea is that decisions can be made on a long term strategic basis rather than go on the whim of the current manager, then change strategy for the new manager (and over and over again).

As to whether or not he is qualified to carry out the role, it's a good question. And one I don't have an answer to.

But at the moment, he's probably the second most important person at the football club in terms of the football side of things. So it's someone we'll need to get to learn a lot more about I think.

skinhead123 said:
does anybody know hes real title because currently its up to him if a fringe or reserve player gets a new contract or an extension .just curious

i think it is Chief Football Operations Officer - my understanding is that he works closely with the Manager, Garry Cooke and the Chief Financial Officer Graham Wallace on all football player contracts and signings. In fact my sources tell me that it was Marwood and Wallace that handled virtually all the summer transfer activity once the Board had approved the targets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.