Brighton (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Sure he scored one in the FA Cup a few years ago at home. Think it was Merlin who crossed it in so a while back now. Rotherham I have in my head but could be very wrong.
He scored a header in the 9:0 against Burton, I remember that one as I was at that one. According to the commentary on the City App he also got one in a CLagainst Real Madrid. Great header wasn't it, almost 'Tommy Hutch like' in the 81 Cup Final (the first one obviously!)

Amazing show of character. Real pressure there. A lot of teams may have panicked ..not us. Alvarez can only play without big Erl. We look a more fluid team with mobile workers up top. First 30 mins we were amazing. I would be pissed off if i was a Brighton fan.. i thought the free kick was soft and def had a stonewall pen 2nd half. We didnt get over excited though.. Credit to the lads.
I'm not sure how fluid we would have looked if Brighton had packed the penalty box and not shown any interest in trying to attack like 9 out of 10 teams we play nowadays.

Safe journey home. Still in que. Hope u all have safe journeys home. At least the rags it only takes them less than a hour to get home frim here.

2:30am got home. Bloody ridiculous M25, M26, A21 Closed. Cross country route :(

Still cracking day out :)

They said it's his first headed Premier League goal. He has scored three previous headers, The only one I remember is his header against Real Madrid at The Etihad 4-3 game.
It's funny, I remember the headed against Burton and not the one against Real Madrid.
To be fair we do play Real almost every season and we've only played Burton in that semi final.....that no doubt will change though as we are bound to play them at some point on our descent back from the Conference North!!!

A stat that gave me chills, Phil is one of only 3 u23 players to have scored 50 goals under P. Guardiola. The other two? Messi and our very own Erling!

Elite company for a player who is maturing at an awesome rate. Elite company too.

Some of the football we played was just dazzling, Kevin's improvised header, the passing movements, steady Eddie tidied up comfortably. Brilliant display from all the team and fans.

Alan Smith bitter no nothing bang average dull as Owen bid nosed twat!

Was anyone else a bit worried after 10 or 15 minutes last night? Once our goal went in it became a facile victory but Brighton were playing well early on.

Was anyone else a bit worried after 10 or 15 minutes last night? Once our goal went in it became a facile victory but Brighton were playing well early on.
The first 10 or 15 minutes was basically figuring each other out tactically, Brighton kept the ball well in their own half but nothing to cause us problems.

The first goal obviously settled us and we took full control from the De Bruyne goal onwards.

Nothing to be worried about, The players were calm and patient, They know what's needed at this stage of the season.

Like to hear this from a manager

"Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi refused to blame the officiating after his injury-hit side's winless run stretched to five games.

"We played against one of the best teams in the world," said the Italian.

"We tried to play without DNA, respecting our qualities. We conceded the first, the second, the third, the fourth all in a bad way, we made mistakes.

"I'm frustrated because we can't compete against the big teams in this moment and we have to be honest.

"We didn't lose for the referee's responsibilities"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.