Brighton (h) post-match thread

2nd half we were terrible.
Never seen Jesus play as badly as he did, Rodri shocking tonight too.
Very poor performance.

We were looking leggy in that second half, hope the physios and medical team get them back fresh for the weekend.

I hope this thread doesn’t turn into the raheem out/penalty thread. Some clown on the penalty thread just wrote bye bye Sterling. Why are so many on here desperate for him to fail? It was a ridiculous decision to let him take the pen whoever decided that. Anyway a win is a win and we were relatively comfortable and only possibly one point off the top, in a cup final and great draws in the other cups. We’d have never thought that possible a few months

Mate De Bruyne is our penalty taker, and he's been fine with the exception of that Liverpool miss, he obviously let Sterling take it to score and get some confidence back, no problem with that if the game had been finished, but to do that at 1-0 was ridiculous.
I thought the same, but the manner of that miss would have made it worse

Personally thought the lads looked tired in the last 20 minutes or so? Not surprising given the amount of football and certainly the weather tonight! I assume pep wants walker and Torres to train for a few more days to see how they are after Covid? Jesus doesn’t work as a winger imo either. Thought Bernardo worked his bollocks off though but zinchenko and cancelo were extremely sloppy in bad areas and put us under unnecessary pressure at times in that second half! Dias is a gem, de bruyne played really well and I personally thought Rodri done well today. Anyway, important 3 points and on to the next!

Some **** from the Times Matt Lawton making a big issue of Peps comments about players hugging after a goal

Tweeting that it’s a major problem developing for the PL

Job done, 3 points & a clean sheet in awful conditions. After the wins at Chelsea & United & With the run of games coming up it can be easy for players & fans to become complacent for a home game vs Brighton & 2nd half the players definitely were guilty of this.
The defence reliable again, Mahrez should of buried that chance, I do not want to see Sterling ever take a pen again, surely Foden should be given a chance from the spot now.
Massive opportunity Sunday to strengthen our position especially with the game before us.

He just isn't at that very top level you need if you are going to be the best team in the world. He is Paul Dickov with a touch more skill and finishing ability. Every striker misses chances including Sergio but he scores more than he misses, Jesus misses more than he scores.
Jesus isn’t good enough, it’s that simple.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.