Brighton (H) | Post Match Thread

Phew....!!!!!

We were always on top and in control but the nerves were clear to see in some of the players....
Mahrez was poor in the first half - he has possibly the best first touch of any player in any league but a lack of killer instinct in him is frustrating......got lucky with his goal in the way it dropped to him and also with a defelction on the finish but he kept running to be in that position so credit to him as well
Bernardo didnt stop all night....the defensive side of his game is not appreciated but he is a real fighter....and what a finish for the third goal

Kdb - especially in the second half he drove the whole team forward - got a bit of luck with the first goal BUT his driving run was a thing of beauty so he earned that luck...his touch for the third was sublime.

I think we look better with Cancello on the left and have thought this for a while...the team plays better and he plays better......with Walker possibly out for a few games Stones on the right and Cancello on the left seems the better option now that Dias is back..thats tough on Ake who has played well (but he might be out anyway himself now as well).. Understandbly Zinch doesnt look up to speed this season (no criticism of him at all)

3 very important points

Weekend is a chance to get the win early on the board and then its pressure on the scousers like it was for us tonight.....I cant see spurs doing much as they will undoubtedly go all spursy on us but its the hope that kills you!

Ruben coming back in was huge, leader of men.

Him, Kev and Bernie, outstanding second half.

Sadly, I don't think we can stick with Gundo in remaining games, he looks a yard short?

Chance to put the pressure back on now and hopefully improve goal difference.

Phew!!
Ruben being back could be key to us winning things.

Last edited:
I dunno why the media are making a fuss about deflected goals making it seem like we were lucky , it's not as if the dippers don't get their fair share of deflections. If you are not getting deflected goals your not trying hard enough to score in the first place .

I actually missed the Dias/Dunk incident as I was out of the room for the last few minutes of the game. What happened?
Wasn't a lot in it but there was some typical centre half argie bargie on the free kick between the two and the ref split them up. The camera was on Dunk and he looked a bit pissed off and my immediate thought was he was going to be involved and sure enough, when the whistle went, he just ran straight into Dias on purpose and shouldered him to the floor. Was petty and made him look like a dick but physically it was nothing really.

Look how quiet the thread is. Flappers in hiding, hoping nobody calls them out on the shite spoken before and during the match. Moaners, twiddling their thumbs, having deleted their "Pep's a bottler" novels.
iu

Anyone else find the energy vampires from 'What we do in the shadows' hilarious btw?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.