Brighton & Hove Albion (A) - Wed 24th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish is still staggering about singing Rhythm is a dancer
Probably :) But he needs to go full force football-wise immediately!
He needs to be serious from now on and focus 100 % for the 2 great finals we have. We need this season's Grealish!
Premier League championship was good but we have 2 other fish to catch.

Lewis on the left should be fun. He is becoming the new Kimmich.
Is that really going to be it though? I reckon he'll basically play in a midfield 2 again. Good experience for him, but I think clubs definitely target his lack of physicality. And Brighton have one of the best midfields in the league. Hope he wins the battle.

Bizarre lineup. Phillips, gomez, palmer and alvarez should all be starting every league game surely? To have rodri at centre back is weird too. shouldn't be playing at all for me but I don't see the point in playing him there, he's never going to play that under normal circumstances.

Meh, whatever. Pep knows best. Just don't get any injuries and I couldn't give a fuck.

Rodri needs some game rhythm. That position is almost the same(a bit more easy for him) with at normal 6 he plays.
So it's not that weird.

Not exactly, no. Brighton create ‘counter attacks’ from their own possession. It’s a full-on transition without the opponent ever actually attacking. They bait the press and then have a series of different rehearsed passing sequences to just carve their way through it in an instant. If anything WE have been copying them a bit as we played very De Zerbi esque at home against Arsenal. Ever since Pep started praising Brighton at every opportunity, we’ve incorporated little bits of what they do.

How can it be classed as a counter attack if you already have the ball?

For me, that's just old fashioned drawing the tackle and making the pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.