Brighton thread 2020/21

They actually sometimes play good football and have some tidy players. But they do seem to struggle scoring and with end product.

I think Potter is trying a philosophy switch with very mixed results.

Potter trying to play football without the money to back it up.

Bit like Swansea in the end when they moved away from the Spanish contingent and tried to do it on the cheap and got done eventually.

Listening to a podcast earlier and I didn't realise how poor they have been
In the last 18 months they've only won 13 matches in all competitions and in 2020 they only won one match at home
They weren't poor second half v Wolves....my pocket was though although both me & Wolves could had got away with it apart from that last second header over the bar.

Potter trying to play football without the money to back it up.

Bit like Swansea in the end when they moved away from the Spanish contingent and tried to do it on the cheap and got done eventually.
I like Potter, they play decent brand of football and have been a bit unlucky but they’ve actually spent an enormous amount especially when compared with their competition.

Last edited:
I like Potter, they play decent brand of football and have been a bit unlucky but they’ve actually spent an enormous amount especially when compared with their competition.

I would say amount of money compared to what's needed to make that style of play work at this level. I certainly don't think you can hold the likes of Welbeck up to that, he makes do with what they can bring in and tries to implement his style best he can.

They were one of the most negative teams in the country under Hughton. Potter has them playing some good stuff and I think they'll stay up comfortably

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.