Bring back maine road....

wozzablue

If only this was possible!!!

Been a season ticket holder for 11 years now and since we have moved the atmosphere is shocking at the etihad!
Even though were having the best season for years we still can't get the same atmosphere as at maine road!

Recently since our success this has got worse and we are now attracting day trippers!

Last night was embarrassing, around me in 118 was a full 20 seats of foreign boys and girls absolutely clueless as to what was going on,alsowhenever the ball went towards the east stand a guy on front type kept lifting up what looked like a Utretch red and white badge!

Finally, why on earth were all them sporting fans allowed to sing their hearts out in a city end?????

All of the above wouldn't have happened at maine road!!

It's not the ground, it's the people in it. You think 40,000 City fans would make the same noise in Bilbao's ground as Bilbao fans do?

It's nostalgia. The atmosphere at Maine Road was crap the last 15 years.

Probably since the old Kippax went.

wozzablue said:
If only this was possible!!!

Been a season ticket holder for 11 years now and since we have moved the atmosphere is shocking at the etihad!
Even though were having the best season for years we still can't get the same atmosphere as at maine road!

Recently since our success this has got worse and we are now attracting day trippers!

Last night was embarrassing, around me in 118 was a full 20 seats of foreign boys and girls absolutely clueless as to what was going on,alsowhenever the ball went towards the east stand a guy on front type kept lifting up what looked like a Utretch red and white badge!

Finally, why on earth were all them sporting fans allowed to sing their hearts out in a city end?????

All of the above wouldn't have happened at maine road!!

You quite obviously weren't one of the 20-25,000 Maine Road diehards during the 1980's and early 1990's were you?

Many a murky afternoon when the crowd was like a morgue and the only noise was Helens Bell cutting through the gloom.

Lets lift this myth that Maine Road was always a cauldron of noise.

I do actually agree as on a league day I see the same faces who can't be arsed going to cup games until semi s! However we only used to get about 32k at maine road and in the north especially it used to be great!

The Euro nights attract more of those you're talking about but whose fault is that? It's the season ticket holders who don't go to European games, so these foreigners are doing the club a favour by filling the seats vacated by locals, many of whom probably stood on the Kippax!

The atmosphere varies at this stadium but when the crowd gets going, it can still be amazing. But this is modern football and a lot of people seem conditioned to think singing and cheering is embarrassing - and even those who aren't might feel uncomfortable when they start singing/cheering/screaming and people around them sit silently (like me yesterday in 102... LOL).

Best way to improve the atmosphere is a constantly vocal singing area, the Kippax area is usually good but the South Stand inconsistent. From sitting in a fairly meek block my experience is that when the sound is persistent in the South Stand/Kippax area of the stadium, people in said block DO start to join in.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=227366" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=227366</a>

I agree with all the replies, i am only 26 so when i was going to games in the old div two and then onwards the atmosphere on the whole was genrally good in comparison to now!

I feel that this maybe because of the location of certain fans, i.e most fans in the north stand at maine road wanted to sing and get behind the lads as opposed to some in the south stand now and some in the singing section!

Most games at maine road we would be singing for long periods, but now people especially near me try and sing and others dont bother to help!!

It just frustrates me big time also that season ticket holders dont bother to come to cup games and we get the fans who come for a night out but are clueless!

wozzablue said:
I agree with all the replies, i am only 26 so when i was going to games in the old div two and then onwards the atmosphere on the whole was genrally good in comparison to now!

I feel that this maybe because of the location of certain fans, i.e most fans in the north stand at maine road wanted to sing and get behind the lads as opposed to some in the south stand now and some in the singing section!

Most games at maine road we would be singing for long periods, but now people especially near me try and sing and others dont bother to help!!

It just frustrates me big time also that season ticket holders dont bother to come to cup games and we get the fans who come for a night out but are clueless!

Because the majority of City's fanbase are working class and can't afford it. Simple maths mate. We don't have the Cheshire set and Kensington posse that the likes of United, Liverpool and Chelsea can fall back on. This will come overtime if we continue to be successful.

Yesterday's season ticket holders started as new fans years ago

Ground would have exploded if Joe's header had gone in. Had we been ahead in the tie, the noise would have doubled. The ground is more atmospheric than maine rd as the handful of Sporting fans demonstrated.

Blue Lloyd said:
wozzablue said:

Because the majority of City's fanbase are working class and can't afford it. Simple maths mate. We don't have the Cheshire set and Kensington posse that the likes of United, Liverpool and Chelsea can fall back on. This will come overtime if we continue to be successful.

That for me just depends on how much of a FAN you are! I am not earning a fortune (far from it) or from one of these areas but i love the club more than anything in the world so would never miss a game whether its a 3rd fa cup tye v scunthorpe or a carling cup semi v liverpool or west ham!

And when i ask the guys around me why they dont come i gte the same responses "ill wait for the next round or il watch on the tv" bullshit! I bet they all wanted tickets for the final last yr though!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.