Bring the Noise

SheffU were by far the loudest fans who’ve been for a good few years. They sounded like we used to at Blackburn and Bolton.

And away fans shouldn’t be seen on tele. They should be shoved out of site in the part of the stadium where it’s hardest to get an atmosphere going. That would be around 130-134 where they have the ambulance entrance to stop a continuous flow of them. That’s also close to where coaches can park up so they can have their own new coach park.

That would give us the whole of the South Stand and would stop everyone from 105-111 having to walk via Denmark to get to Ashton New Road as we have to walk all the way up to the bridge just to walk all the way down ANR or walk all the way around the stadium just to get to ANR.
Spot on that need our own end the ambulance entrance gives a natural barrier as well so thered be less need for stewards and tbh don’t know why the club wouldn’t go for that considering it kicks off between the kippax corner and the away fans nearly every game especially in the derby and dinamo Zagreb

We cannot do anything about the atmosphere when our singing section is next to the away fans who have a bigger area and are louder.

It’s like putting a flyweight up against a super middleweight, or an iPhone speaker next to a giant gig sound system.

We have absolutely no chance whatsoever with the singing section where it is.

We’ve never had it right at the Etihad, it was better when the singing section was in the East Stand but still not ideal. It needs fucking moving down the other end of the ground, well away from the away fans!

Yesterday I looked over to the South Stand and it looked like all three blocks of City fans in SSL1 were singing and clapping but I couldn’t hear anything they were singing because the SheffU fans were all singing up in SSL3 which drifted down to SSL1 and it completely drowned out our singing.

The #1 thing that needs to happen is to move away from the away fans. It will change our atmosphere beyond recognition.

Away fans can be singing loudly and NSL1 only has to claim for a corner and you can hear them over the away fans. But the whole of City’s SSL1 can be singing but you can’t hear them next to the away fans!

I agree. We either need a proper home end in the north stand or we need to move the away fans over slightly to give us all of the south stand.

You make a good point about the north stand. When they cheer or make a noise it’s actually quite loud. We need to do something to push the club to make this change though.

Petitions, fan groups... we have got to do something otherwise nothing will change

Sheffield United fans were the loudest away fans all season as well

I reckon the derby game will be brilliant, as the ticket prices are pretty cheap and lots of city fans who stopped going will go. lots of miserable season ticket holders won’t be going either ;)

Anyone at wolves? what a shite away end
Exactly how it should be.

No set of away fans should be in a set-up that allows them to be the main vocal noise in a stadium and have pride of place on tele.

Wolves have it half right, it’s very hard to get anything going at their place (although it’s a great view of you’re near the back on the half way line).

Poznan is the best example of what an away section should be like. Different sections, gated off from each other above a big gap. Can’t be seen on tele.

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon the derby game will be brilliant, as the ticket prices are pretty cheap and lots of city fans who stopped going will go. lots of miserable season ticket holders won’t be going either ;)
And probably far less tourists with it being a midweek game. On Sunday in 115 I had 5 or 6 people from Boston next to me and even though they looked like they had a great time, they didn’t join in with hardly a single song. I’m not knocking tourists, but the ones around me (row c on 115 and there’s always a lot of them) contribute nothing to the atmosphere. All that being said, I’m sure there are plenty of SC holders who don’t contribute in 115 and that’s also a huge part of the problem.

We tend to have good domestic cup atmospheres for that reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.