Bringing youth players through???

Nelly's Left Foot said:
If they are good enough they will get their chances. We trust the manager to recognise the talent don't we? ( aside from his son of course)

Sorry lad, but no they wont. That's the problem isn't it, and Chelsea were the same. When a club can afford to be paying 38 million for a player, they're not going to bench him and give a youth player a go.

ellspark said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
If they are good enough they will get their chances. We trust the manager to recognise the talent don't we? ( aside from his son of course)

Sorry lad, but no they wont. That's the problem isn't it, and Chelsea were the same. When a club can afford to be paying 38 million for a player, they're not going to bench him and give a youth player a go.

Ok so which youth player is worth playing instead of our £38 million pound player? But I do get the point. Trouble is which of our youth players is good enough?

And what about the point that we trust the manager. Don't you?

Nelly's Left Foot said:
ellspark said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

Ok so which youth player is worth playing instead of our £38 million pound player? But I do get the point. Trouble is which of our youth players is good enough?

And what about the point that we trust the manager. Don't you?

If we don't give them a go, we'll never know

Everyone on the board except maybe Mancio would rather have had Guidetti on the fringes instead of Jo last season. This was a perfect example that the manager can be wrong! It would be nigh on impossible to contribute less than Jo did in his 25+ appearances last season so was an ample opportunity to blood in our top reserve goalscorer who was disillusioned by his lack of chances and temporarily left the club, only for Mancini to decide he still wants him, leading to us paying 1m to Twente to get him back!

Im a Bobby Manc fan but this is one of his weak areas, he doesn't give the youth enough playing time. If I was him I'd kick Balotelli into touch and use Guidetti in the rotation of strikers. He showed preseason he's mature enough to handle the big stage. Long term we need to have mix of youth and experience. Hate to say we need to learn from Baconface.

Rekik is 16 and won't come close to playing for our first team this season.

Let's not pretend Cleverly and Welbeck have come out of the blue to shock us, they've been playing Premier League football for a while now, albeit elsewhere. As for their other 'youngsters', Fergie snapped up Ashley Young and Phil Jones expensively after other clubs matured them.

Suarez and maybe Razak will get the odd run-out, but that will probably be if we draw a weak team in CC or FA Cup. Then the same people clamoring for youth will complain when we've been beaten.

Guidetti is probably the only one who will see much playing time this season and probably only in easy cup competition or if there were injuries. Considering the depth City has and Mancini still wants more, their is no way he will swap a high priced veteran to try out an Academy Player. One way this would be different is if we had a young extremely talented player at LB which seems to be our Achilles heel.

Andouble said:
Let's not pretend Cleverly and Welbeck have come out of the blue to shock us, they've been playing Premier League football for a while now, albeit elsewhere.

Agreed, Like Wilshere's spell at Bolton, it looks like the loan system is the way forward for nurturing young players along. I wonder whether Onouha or Weiss will get chances this season after their loans? Mancini has said (apparently) that Adebayor and Bellamy have no chance this season, but hasn't mentioned either of these two.

I would rather see Onouha on the fringes with Boyata loaned out for regular football. Whether Onouha is happy sitting on the bench remains to be seen... Also if SWP is on his way then Onouha / Weiss would help us towards the 4 club trained players for the Champions League squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.