Bristol City (h) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This game should be an easy win for us (for a team challenging for the title) considering that for the good cup run that they have had, Bristol City (1) are still a team in the Championship and if we lose/draw tonight (2), we will only have ourselves to blame. Especially since that for the outstanding performances we have put in this season so far, the 2nd team is nowhere near good enough to pick up the slack for the 1st team (3) and this has been painfully exposed at the League Cup (4) more than any our tournament, a situation which has been compounded by the fact we have just come from a difficult festive period game wise (5), the fact we put in a strong team (more or less the 1st team) against Burnley as well and the fact Bristol are going to be up for this game just like they were up for the game against United, and we all know how that paid off (6)...

(1) Although I hope they get promoted for the good run they have had this season and the fact the South West of England could do with a Premier League Team or two.

(2) We should be lucky that if we f**k it up tonight, at least we can save our arses in the 2nd leg.

(3) Who cannot be expected to play 60+ games a season and be expected to win a quadruple (and the league by 100+ points) by the end of it, simply because at the end of the day our players are human beings and they can only go far with the constraints they have to face as players at the highest level. That is why we need to be getting more than Sanchez (who is long overdue at City by the way and is badly needed as well) this transfer window and in turn that is also why we should have got (considering the lack of quality CM's in our squad, we cannot rely on KDB and both Silvas for every single game) Coutinho instead of Barca as well as get (considering the lack of quality CB's in our squad) VVD instead of the Scouse (and seriously, what was VVD thinking in joining them when there are many, many clubs with more ambition and more of a successful track record than they do).

(4) Where we struggled to beat a West Brom team that has barely won any games this season (and has won no Premier League Games since August) and we had to rely on Bravo to save our arses (a line I thought I would never say) against both Wolves and Leicester, teams we should easily be beating in open play.

(5) I more than understand Peps issues with the festive schedule in the league, however what I do have an issue is that instead of just moaning (and considering he has already gone though a whole season in the league before this one), Pep should have bought more players in the Summer Transfer Window to address this issue and it is for this same reason that he needs to still get Quality/WC players in the January Transfer Window. Then he would no longer need to worry about such issues and in turn he would be able to keep the same level of performance across a 60 game season (something we have struggled to do in certain games of late).

(6) By the way; United should hang their heads in shame with the way they performed in that QF game, yes I know it is the League Cup of course but considering how much money they have spent since Fergie leave, considering how seriously Mourinho takes this tournament and considering that it was a Championship team they were facing (a good one but not the level United claim they are at), it simply was not good enough. So well done to Bristol City for teaching them a lesson they needed to learn about the need to live up to reputations rather than just talking the talk.

Last edited:
Anyone remember losing 1-0 at Ashton Gate in February 1977 to a free kick by Chris Garland to end our long unbeaten run that season,we had the open end behind where the goal was scored.Great time to be a Blue went to about 12 aways that season,pay on the gate era.

Really hope Yaya doesn't play tonight. I suspect Pep will play him but he's the last thing we need against an energetic team that will be well up for it.

The Bristol City team that whupped united played very, very well. In fact they played more like City do than any other team this season. They were quick, sharp and determined, winning the ball back like we do.
Fortunately given their recent results it looks like that performance may have been a one off.

Would like to see PG use the same players he had in the last round, maybe with the addition of a senior starter.

COME ON CITY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.