Britain's Actual Debt...Frightening.....

BooksReject

Britain's actual debt as of today is 4.7 TRILLION pounds.

This is what it actually looks like.....Take a £50 note, no - take a pile of £50 notes! (I wish)

Now start to pile them up, and keep piling...the pile would grow, and grow and grow, past your roof, past that cloud, past that plane at 35,000 feet, past that satellite, until it reached 6,500 miles into space!

OR, go upstairs, and start chucking a £50 note out of the window, every second, of every minute, of every hour, of every day. 3,500 years later, you would have chucked 4.7 TRILLION out of the window.

SHIT....we are in it. We all knew it, but that focuses the mind on how much that debt really is. The 'cuts' wont make a dent...so what next?

lol hope that hasn't killed it! But it's genuinely frightening, and will affect not just us, but our kids and their kids too

BooksReject said:

This is what it actually looks like.....Take a £50 note, no - take a pile of £50 notes! (I wish)

Now start to pile them up, and keep piling...the pile would grow, and grow and grow, past your roof, past that cloud, past that plane at 35,000 feet, past that satellite, until it reached 6,500 miles into space!

OR, go upstairs, and start chucking a £50 note out of the window, every second, of every minute, of every hour, of every day. 3,500 years later, you would have chucked 4.7 TRILLION out of the window.

SHIT....we are in it. We all knew it, but that focuses the mind on how much that debt really is. The 'cuts' wont make a dent...so what next?

I don't think you need to tell people how high they'd have to stack £50 notes for them to realise that £4.7 trillion is quite a lot of money

I can't believe that in light of our precarious financial position we are offering billions to bail out the Irish.

The Irish, as part of the euro zone, have had a direct affect on weakening the value of the sterling pound and contributed to our debt (I say contributing as there are many, many other factors to be fair).

So the likes of Greece and Ireland pull our pants down by weakening our economy and then bend us over and f*ck us again by taking billions off us to rescue themselves.

Our government should have said "we understand your predicament but as partners in the euro, go and get a loan from Germany/France/Spain etc". This genuinely isn't our problem.

The Fat el Hombre said:
BooksReject said:

I don't think you need to tell people how high they'd have to stack £50 notes for them to realise that £4.7 trillion is quite a lot of money

Just makes it real though don't you think? I found it fascinating anyway, and mindblowing at the same time

BooksReject said:
lol hope that hasn't killed it! But it's genuinely frightening, and will affect not just us, but our kids and their kids too

Sorry, I did not mean to sound flippant but these figures just dont make any sense to the man in the street (me). That is until taxation issues start to take hold and we all start to feel the pinch. I agree with the bail out point made above though, its truley staggering to think our, and other countries, can find all this "aid" when there just does not seem to be any money around.

Prestwich_Blue said:
BooksReject said:
Hope you've not included the rags debt in there. Take that out and it will look a lot better.

ohhh hang on I'll just do the sums, 4.7 trillion - rags debt = we are in the black! Lets all go out and get pissed! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.