"British English"

ali benarbia's studs

Combing through the new layout i noticed i had chosen on using "British English" on here (not that there was another choice?!). It got me thinking, as we grew up and learned "proper" English we had accept it all as it is . I find it annoying to this day when all American creations keep using their spell-check to correct English according to "American English spelling".

Now although I use American phrases and expressions....I have no problem with that. I do go all anal over spelling the American way of English. Anyone else feel the same on this ?

Well it`s just that the more American based sites using spell-check and the likes are globally turning the world to speak "American English".

I like to keep it old skool in that respect.

thoughts bluemoon ?<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:51 am --<br /><br />ric you sell-out!!!!!

flavour is underlined when i spell it...... i am disgusted!

I don't like the way our language is being creepingingly americanised. Too much of that cultural influence. Give me more european influences anyday.

mat said:
I don't like the way our language is being creepingingly americanised. Too much of that cultural influence. Give me more european influences anyday.
that s it right there my fellow blue!

Or someday your grandchildren will answer you with ...... "yeah, no, maybe, i don`t know ,i think so granpahhhh! "

mat said:

The ironic thing about the English complaining about Americans changing the spelling of certain words is in many cases the original English spelling of the word is what the Americans have always stuck with. And somewhere along the line it is us who have changed the spelling.

des hardi said:
mat said:
that s it right there my fellow blue!

Or someday your grandchildren will answer you with ...... "yeah, no, maybe, i don`t know ,i think so granpahhhh! "
You mean like, your children?

It's already happened and I fear it is far too late to retrieve our language. I get wound up quite easily about apparently trivial matters such as these.
If I ever hear my kids or grandkids pronounce the word Aluminium aloominum instead of allerminyim I think I'd have a heart attack

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.