BRSK Internet, Is It Any Good In Your Opinion?

BRSK bloke knocked on my door asking for my eMail address so he can send me a heads up on when they are working near my property.

Instead, I get bombarded by offers of joining from their sales team every week.

NgsAkxG.gif
So some bloke knocked on your front door, asked for your contact details, and you gave it to him?

Fuck me there really is one born every minute.

@jrb re: 'But it’s constantly dropping out on my iPAD. And it’s crap for watching Youtube videos, etc.'
Is it ok if you watch videos whilst next to the router? If it is, then it's just the Wifi coverage in your house. Our house has lots of metalwork, so I've got a powerline network with additional Wifi connected to the router and that works fine.
If it isn't ok close to the router, then it's a really bad Virgin connection to the internet, I don't know what router you have, but mine improved when they brought out a better one, which you should get free if you ask - rectangle, with rounded corners one.

re: 'The tech support is dreadful. A call centre abroad.' - yeah that's the worst part, dealing with their call centre

No, jars. I can sit on the sofa 10 feet away from the router and it constantly drops out on my iPad. YouTube videos take an age to load, but once they load they are ok. My router is behind the TV, which doesn’t help. That’s where the Virgin installer finished the cable. It means I can connect the router directly to the back of the tv. To be honest I’ve never have a problem with the tv and the router together. I’ve got Orbi, with 3 satellites. Even with 1 of them in the hallway and 2 upstairs in different bedrooms the Wifi single from the router still keeps on dropping out on the iPad, etc. I’ve tried changing channels on the Virgin router, etc, but that hasn't worked either.

Hub 3.0. Router.

1716952011242.jpeg

Last edited:
No, jars. I can sit on the sofa 10 feet away from the router and it constantly drops out on my iPad. YouTube videos take an age to load, but once they load they are ok. My router is behind the TV, which doesn’t help. That’s where the Virgin installer finished the cable. It means I can connect the router directly to the back of the tv. To be honest I’ve never have a problem with the tv and the router together. I’ve got Orbi, with 3 satellites. Even with 1 of them in the hallway and 2 upstairs in different bedrooms the Wifi single from the router still keeps on dropping out on the iPad, etc. I’ve tried changing channels on the Virgin router, etc, but that hasn't worked either.

Hub 3.0. Router.

View attachment 120694

I too was about to leave Virgin due to the broadband cutting out constantly throughout the day & needing to restart the router every other day.

Eventually I moaned & then moaned a bit more threatening to leave where they finally upgraded my very old 2.0 router to a 5.0 version even though I wasn't on an expensive plan.

Since swapped over, its been night & day with hardly any if it all dropouts. Could be a coincidence & possibly their so called cable improvements in the area may have eventually kicked in but can't complain....sods law there's going to be a week long outage after posting this!

I too was about to leave Virgin due to the broadband cutting out constantly throughout the day & needing to restart the router every other day.

Eventually I moaned & then moaned a bit more threatening to leave where they finally upgraded my very old 2.0 router to a 5.0 version even though I wasn't on an expensive plan.

Since swapped over, its been night & day with hardly any if it all dropouts. Could be a coincidence & possibly their so called cable improvements in the area may have eventually kicked in but can't complain....sods law there's going to be a week long outage after posting this!

Thanks.

I’ll ask them for the latest router before saying I’m leaving. Let’s see what they say.

Hub 3.0. Router.

View attachment 120694
Yeah that one, is what we also have.
You’ve changed channels on the wifi, you say, but was this after analysing (with some software) what else was around, and picking the best ‘slot’?

Still sounds bad that 10ft away, just through a TV that the wifi is bad :-(

Reactions: jrb
Signed up for Brsk on Friday. They are coming to install the router and broadband on Monday. The faster the better!

Virgin broadband is fucking shit.

Just been up loading some pictures on to BM. It‘s taken a fucking age to do it. I wouldn’t mind, but the Virgin router is 4 foot away from me in the same room. YouTube videos take an age to load. Etc.

I asked Virgin for a better and newer router. Virgin said I could have their latest router, number 5, but it would cost £38 a month for 1gb speed, and it would be a new 18 month contract. Not a chance. So Virgin sent me out another number 3 router. Great! It has made no difference at all.

Considering I’m paying Virgin £29 a month for 500mb, and the price is going up, Virgin can fuck off. I’m getting 900mb for £32 a month, and no price rises guaranteed for 2 years with Brisk. And Brisk are paying £150 off the remainder of my Virgin contract, which is £226.

Last edited:
Being installed now. I’ll give a review of it in a few days, just in case anyone wants to know if it’s any good, and they are considering leaving their current internet provider.

Installed and working.

The lad from Brsk who fitted everything did a brilliant job.
Had a chat with me.
Asked me where I wanted the router going.
We decided on a place in the hallway.
Perfect spot for the living room, dinning room, and bedrooms upstairs.
Took the lad about an hour and half to do the work.
A brand new cable from the telegraph pole all the way across the avenue into the front of the house through the existing hole where the old telephone cable used to be.

Initial speeds, whoosh! Very quick. On the PC and iPad.(upstairs)

I’ll give it a couple of days and monitor the speed and see if there are any drop outs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.