Brugge via Amsterdam

183sash

4 of us flying out 7am Tuesday and back 8pm Wednesday - Manchester to Schipol , anyone explain the covid test requirements we need to undertake - checked several website but all seem a bit vague to us . Weren’t the government meant to be relaxing some of the tests needed “later” this month

4 of us flying out 7am Tuesday and back 8pm Wednesday - Manchester to Schipol , anyone explain the covid test requirements we need to undertake - checked several website but all seem a bit vague to us . Weren’t the government meant to be relaxing some of the tests needed “later” this month
If your in Belgium for less than 48 hours day 2 test on return
If your in Belgium for more than 48 hours PCR test taken upto 72 hours before entry or test on arrival and quarantine day 2 test on return is my understanding

I get that , but we’re flying into Holland , do u need a PCR to get into the country , didn’t need one for Spain last week and I know lads going via France and they don’t need to do one - I’m taking my lad so it’d be £60 for 2 PCR tests and another £60 for two day 2 tests if I defo have to do them

I get that , but we’re flying into Holland , do u need a PCR to get into the country , didn’t need one for Spain last week and I know lads going via France and they don’t need to do one - I’m taking my lad so it’d be £60 for 2 PCR tests and another £60 for two day 2 tests if I defo have to do them
They are the rules from entering from the UK ,you need to look up the rules for entry from a EU country

Was planning on going this route myself mate and from Northwich as well! Opted for the 9am Eurostar instead.

Was planning on going this route myself mate and from Northwich as well! Opted for the 9am Eurostar instead.
There’s quite a few going from Northwich, all different routes , we managed to get return flights to Amsterdam for £34 !!! Too good to turn down , now we just need to find out what we need to do to get into Holland , then Belgium then back into Holland

The Dutch authorities currently classify the UK as a ‘very high risk country’. This means that fully vaccinated UK nationals, who can provide acceptable proof of vaccination, which includes the NHS COVID Pass, will be allowed to enter the Netherlands. Please see Demonstrating your COVID-19 status below, for further information.

Fully vaccinated travellers arriving in the Netherlands from the UK via aeroplane, ferry, passenger car, train or bus must show one of the following:

• a negative PCR test result (taken no more than 48 hours before departure);
  • a negative antigen test result (taken no more than 24 hours before departure).
Fully vaccinated travellers are exempt from quarantine on arrival in the Netherlands.

The fact you're flying through another country means it's a bit more of a faff.

We're still on the Netherlands very high risk list but I don't think that requires quarantine anymore if you're fully vaccinated.

I'm going to assume you're fully vaccinated otherwise I wouldn't bother/not sure it's possible.

Going off of the government websites:
- You'll need the 'Covid Pass to travel' on the NHS app to show full vaccination or an EU digital COVID certificate (EUDCC). NHS Covid Pass is recognised by both countries. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/
You may want a printed version of this too incase anything happens to your phones (takes 5 days to arrive). https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

- You're going to need to take a PCR test before you go, Belgium and Netherlands need to see a negative PCR within the last 48 hours (Netherlands), 72 hours (Belgium), so you'll need to do it as close to the time you fly but not too close that you don't get your results in time. This also means you won't need to do day 1 & 2 tests in Belgium and you won't need to do the antigen test for Netherlands. - Not sure which company is best, maybe somebody that's recently travelled can help out with that?

- Netherlands require a health screening form to be completed. https://www.government.nl/documents...0/covid-19-and-flying-health-declaration-form

- Netherlands appear to require a quarantine declaration form even if you aren't quarantining (fully vaccinated don't need to). - Not sure if this point is correct to be honest, just this sentence on the government website suggests it is needed: Travellers exempt from quarantine must also carry a completed quarantine declaration form. - I suppose it can't hurt to have it with you.

- Belgium require a passenger locator form to be completed.

- Face masks are mandatory in both countries.

Apologies if I've missed anything.

Last edited:
We’re looking into the Eurostar option in case flying via Amsterdam is a ball ache - can you message me your name and number and I’ll give u a bell if we decide to go the same route - cheers Martin ( I’ll send same message to Mr twiceaseason)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.