BT Sport App

I've been offered BT sport app that you can watch matches on free via EE. I wondered can I easily stream this to my TV?

I vowed I'd never buy it but I have it for free!

Any advice would be great. PM
if you need to.
Thanks in advance.

I've got the app - I stream it direct to my tv via my phone and it works like a dream. Genuinely hard to tell between live TV and it's very stable.
Works much better streaming from the app on your phone than it does using a laptop however.

I've got the app - I stream it direct to my tv via my phone and it works like a dream. Genuinely hard to tell between live TV and it's very stable.
Works much better streaming from the app on your phone than it does using a laptop however.
How do you do that mate? PM if you need to. Thanks

How?

How do you do that mate? PM if you need to. Thanks

I'm presuming the app is the same whether you get this via EE or BT. But basically you aren't doing anything dodgy - chromecast is actually supported by the BT app.
I'm not tech savvy but it's incredibly easy to do because chromecast is supported by BT.

1) stick a chromecast in the back of your tv
2) download the bt app to your phone and log in to your account.
3) click the little chromecast symbol in top right corner of the app and it connects to your tv.
4) click the bt sport channel you want to watch and it comes on your tv.

you can do it from a laptop as well but doing from the app on a phone seems much more stable.

I'm presuming the app is the same whether you get this via EE or BT. But basically you aren't doing anything dodgy - chromecast is actually supported by the BT app.
I'm not tech savvy but it's incredibly easy to do because chromecast is supported by BT.

1) stick a chromecast in the back of your tv
2) download the bt app to your phone and log in to your account.
3) click the little chromecast symbol in top right corner of the app and it connects to your tv.
4) click the bt sport channel you want to watch and it comes on your tv.

you can do it from a laptop as well but doing from the app on a phone seems much more stable.
Thanks haven't got BT broadband so not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks haven't got BT broadband so not sure if that makes a difference.

If you're getting access to the app because you're an EE customer then I doubt it makes a difference. I don't have BT broadband myself - my girlfriend's dad has it so he gives me his login details for the app and I can cast it.
I think this all comes down to whether you are being given access to the standard BT app or whether there is a separate app for EE customers - I would be extremely surprised if there is. so it doesn't matter whether you have have bt broadband or not - as long as you have the bt app on your phone and a chromecast you can zap it to your tv.
I used this all last season and to be quite honest I was pretty stunned when I found out you could do it - in fact it's obvious that BT legitimately allow you to do this because when you connect to your tv you get an offical BT homepage image type thing as it loads.

If you're getting access to the app because you're an EE customer then I doubt it makes a difference. I don't have BT broadband myself - my girlfriend's dad has it so he gives me his login details for the app and I can cast it.
I think this all comes down to whether you are being given access to the standard BT app or whether there is a separate app for EE customers - I would be extremely surprised if there is. so it doesn't matter whether you have have bt broadband or not - as long as you have the bt app on your phone and a chromecast you can zap it to your tv.
I used this all last season and to be quite honest I was pretty stunned when I found out you could do it - in fact it's obvious that BT legitimately allow you to do this because when you connect to your tv you get an offical BT homepage image type thing as it loads.
Great I'll give it a go! Thanks

Great I'll give it a go! Thanks

I've just had a look at the offer and it says "access to the BT app" so I'm 99% certain you'll be fine. just get the app on your phone, stick a chromecast on your tv and the rest is an absolute piece of p*ss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.