BT's 'Top 200 Greatest Songs of All Time'

So does he. He’s enjoyed songs from every genre based on his album threads. Top 100 is his choice of favourites. I listen to everything from metal to classical but I reckon one hip hop song would make my top 100

Thanks Sir, will admit a lot of my picks are Pop based popular songs - but there my honest picks - not trying to be ‘edgy’ by picking unknown songs.

only hip hop songs close to entering my 100 was Eminem ‘Lose Yourself’ and Tupac ‘California love’ ... there’s a few Dr Dre tracks I like , other than that I really struggle with Rap

It is brilliant but I think I prefer Spirit of Radio or even Red Brachetta. This one does have the best drum rolls ever ;-)

Rush probably #4 on my all-time favourite bands list.

I love Spirit of Radio too, and from that record, Natural Science. From Moving Pictures, Vital Signs is my fave after Tom Sawyer, but all seven tracks are great.

But when I really, really HAVE to hear Rush -- I mean really being "Rush" -- there's only one choice: La Villa Strangiato.

Levee is maybe my second favo(u)rite cover ever, right behind Manfred Mann's cover of Springsteen's Blinded By The Light (which was my very first favo(u)rite song). That'd be a good thread if no one's done it. Also partial to the Lemonheads cover of Mrs. Robinson and Run-DMC's Walk This Way.

I'm sure there was a covers thread not too long ago.

TBH, I never think of Levee as a cover but of course a few Zep tunes are covers. I'm a big fan on In My Time of Dying.

I love MM's Blinded by the Light. I have that in vinyl single in addition to the CD version of the album it's on. Pretty sure I have Run-DMC's Walk This Way on a single too.

Thanks Sir, will admit a lot of my picks are Pop based popular songs - but there my honest picks - not trying to be ‘edgy’ by picking unknown songs.

only hip hop songs close to entering my 100 was Eminem ‘Lose Yourself’ and Tupac ‘California love’ ... there’s a few Dr Dre tracks I like , other than that I really struggle with Rap

It 's YOUR list and nothing at all wrong with pop! And I'm enjoying it. I sometimes struggle to understand the tracks you picked by artists with so many good ones (the Fleetwood Mac and AC/DC tracks e.g.). But that's okay -- I'm the only person on the planet whose favo(u)rite REM song is Hyena, so . . .

I love Spirit of Radio too, and from that record, Natural Science. From Moving Pictures, Vital Signs is my fave after Tom Sawyer, but all seven tracks are great.

But when I really, really HAVE to hear Rush -- I mean really being "Rush" -- there's only one choice: La Villa Strangiato.

Greatest instrumental ever recorded. Particularly like some of the live versions; there's a great one an the 40th anniversary edition of Hemispheres. Talking of which, I'm hoping Amazon will deliver the 40th anniversary edition of this weekend as it is released tomorrow - that includes some live tracks recorded in Manchester in 1980 so from a gig I attended.

That and YYZ, but they’re not songs, in the true sense, with lyrics.
Subdivisions on the other hand....

Greatest instrumental ever recorded. Particularly like some of the live versions; there's a great one an the 40th anniversary edition of Hemispheres. Talking of which, I'm hoping Amazon will deliver the 40th anniversary edition of this weekend as it is released tomorrow - that includes some live tracks recorded in Manchester in 1980 so from a gig I attended.

That's great! I think I saw them three times -- Moving Pix, Signals and Power Windows tours. I think LVS is my fave rock instrumental too, though I also love The Rock by The Who. Oh, and Reoccurring Dreams by Husker Du.

Reactions: OB1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.