Budapest and Alcohol?

BooksReject

My 50th fast approaching and looking to do something a bit different - had Budapest recommended to me, but wondered if anyone has been?

What are prices like? Cheap alcohol? Any good hotels to suggest?

Will be in November so expecting it to be cold, but hoping for copious amounts of voddie (cheap) to warm me up...

Any advice welcomed Blues...

BR

thinking of going myself, actually, so will be following this thread and will be interested to see the replies!

Its a great city. Loved it. Not as cheap as some of eastern europe but i wouldnt say its expensive as such. In a nightclub i was paying 3 euros maybe for a beer, in a pub 2 maybe. And thats City centre so if you venture out a bit its likely to be cheaper.

So dont expect it to be dirt cheao but dont be put off either

Not been myself but afaik its cheap and the women are hot as hell. Just keep your eye out for the usual pick pockets dark alleys etc etc.

Heard some cool stories about it of mates though im sure if it were them replying they would scream at you to go.

Went a few weeks ago and its well worth a visit, though the weather was mid eighties so that always makes a difference when your out and about, cafe bars etc it has some beautiful buildings, the Castle (old quarter) and the Citadel great places to wander around. Not sure I would go in the winter but I will definately go again in the summer, we loved it, its not so cheap as you might expect though, also a very good tip DONT get in a taxi until you`ve `negotiated` a price, Taxis are notorious in Budapest, generally from the hotel though they are ok.

BooksReject said:
...it actually was a little play on those very words! :)
Ffs. I've just started singing that in my head ! My mate has just got back from there,he flew over to meet some hot chick off tinternet. I asked him to keep me posted and received a txt saying "Bingo !" I've presumed from that,that she's fit as fuck or he'd met 'two fat ladies'.

*edit* Just spoke to him he said he stayed at her apartment for two nights and didn't get a wink of sleep. He says she pretty much made herself available from the go. Stunner he reckons. Get online boys the place is full of beautiful,willing women.

just back from Budapest was across for the Hearts game last week
city centre is a bit like any other one and a lot more expensive than the outskirts . lots of Irish,Scottish and English sportbars etc
hotels are really cheap - a 4 star one costs approx £30 a room a night.
Get a three day travel pass if you can as it gives you cheap deals on things like the Danuve river cruise! visit the castle and do all the usual tourist things!!

the Pest side is flatter and thus has the most pubs and clubs whilst Buda is hillier,cooler and quieter.As others have said beware of the taxi rip offs but other than that it was pretty crime free
Hearts had approx 800 there and I did not hear of any bother at all

Thanks for the replies lads. Sounds about what I expected - apart from the women, and I don't think the wife would be too happy for me to sample that bit of culture on my 50th - especially as she will be with me ;)

Probably will go and indulge in the rest though - thanks again

BR

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.