Buenos Aires

secondtoughest

I'm currently on holiday in Argentina for a week - just watched Sergio bang one in for City in a Buenos Aires bar, which was quite an experience.

Just wanted to ask if anyone had any City based Buenos Aires tourism suggestions? I'm watching the Superclasico tomorrow (can't get tickets) and plan to do a stadium tour for a couple of the clubs here but wondered if anyone had been here and could suggest anything City related? I know Aguero and Zaba were both born here and played for local clubs.

Ta in advance!

secondtoughest said:
I'm currently on holiday in Argentina for a week - just watched Sergio bang one in for City in a Buenos Aires bar, which was quite an experience.

Just wanted to ask if anyone had any City based Buenos Aires tourism suggestions? I'm watching the Superclasico tomorrow (can't get tickets) and plan to do a stadium tour for a couple of the clubs here but wondered if anyone had been here and could suggest anything City related? I know Aguero and Zaba were both born here and played for local clubs.

Ta in advance!

You'll get a ticket at the ground if you want one at a premium price I am sure.

Can't offer any advice on the place as never been, but tell us more about the bar when Sergio scored, were they happy at it?

secondtoughest said:

Ta in advance!
not City related but go to the Iguazo Falls and eat as much steak as possible swilled down with Malbec, you'll never get it better anywhere

Top Gear

Number plate of offending vehicle: H982 FKL? H (Jones, Lt.Col, 2PARA VC (RIP)) 982 (1982) FKL (Falklands)

BBC - Coincidence? Not intended to offend? Clarkson?.... I rest my case

Enjoy your break. Belived to be a very beautiful city.

The Recoleta Cemetery is pretty cool, but I didn't find it a city with any great specific attractions, its more about the general culture, atmosphere, wandering around the different barrios, nightlife and just soaking everything up.

Jetlag in full effect at the mo. Wide awake at 5am.

The bar where I watched City was called Sugar. It's an ex pat sports bar more aimed towards young Americans, I picked it as it shows virtually everything and its very close to our apartment in Palermo. As it was only 1.30pm here, it was really quiet - there was a couple of Germans watching the Cologne game and a kiwi couple watching the rugby. Nobody watching City aside from me and my partner :)

We're going to Iguazu next weekend and today is a big exploration day before my partner starts her conference on Monday. I've got some free time to myself next week so I'm going to do a bit of football tourism.

My Dad has already text me something about Clarkson so I'm guessing he's pissed someone else off!

Any bar / restaurant recommendations, let me know!

secondtoughest said:

The bar where I watched City was called Sugar. It's an ex pat sports bar more aimed towards young Americans, I picked it as it shows virtually everything and its very close to our apartment in Palermo. As it was only 1.30pm here, it was really quiet - there was a couple of Germans watching the Cologne game and a kiwi couple watching the rugby. Nobody watching City aside from me and my partner :)

We're going to Iguazu next weekend and today is a big exploration day before my partner starts her conference on Monday. I've got some free time to myself next week so I'm going to do a bit of football tourism.

My Dad has already text me something about Clarkson so I'm guessing he's pissed someone else off!

I get a feeling (hope) that he's gone too far this time and his smug face isn't seen on tv again.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/oct/03/top-gear-argentina-jeremy-clarkson-bbc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/o ... arkson-bbc</a>

secondtoughest said:

we went to a highly recommended restaurant near our hotel, but being Sunday it was shut!!!

so we walked to the 'docklands' area and just went in a nice looking place and had the best steak i have ever had in all my life

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.