Buffon again satanta

he is happy to be linked to the man city/ arab fantasy football, he has been injured and seen his team still hold on to 2nd, which makes him happy they can keep going without him.. setanta transfer window page

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has admitted he is proud to be linked with a big-money move away from the club.

The Italy keeper was recently linked with a €100 million move to Manchester City, but his agent, Silvano Martina, called the stories a 'disgrace' and said the journalists responsible 'should be ashamed of themselves'.

But while Buffon knows that such reports may be fantastical, he says he is happy to be the subject of such speculation.

“Every time I hear news about me, it makes me smile and often proud,” he said in La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I keep my feet on the ground. The mega-deals of the Arabs are like fantasy football.”

The 30-year-old is on the verge of making his comeback from injury but, with the team second in the table and three points clear of third-placed Milan, Buffon has been impressed with how the team has coped without him.

“Without me, the team has done well in responding to a difficult time,” he said.

“Juve have shown they can survive without me, but I hope that things go even better upon my return.”

Buffon says he is hoping to win the title with Juve this season, but admits Jose Mourinho’s Inter are the better side.

"We have to accept that Inter are superior to everyone right now," he said.

"They deserve credit for the way they have managed to stay at the top over the last few years, but we are a good team and best team doesn’t always win in football.”

I'd like Buffon in the team but only if Hart stayed too in order to learn from him. I can see Hart becoming a top goalkeeper in the future but if there's no real competition he might go a bit stale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.