Building a squad for the future

br55

I was just looking at the ages of our first team squad and fourteen players are aged between 20 and 26. The odd men out are Yaya 28, Lescott 29 and Barry 30. The future looks very good indeed.

For those interested in the details:

JH 24, PZ 26, MR 23, VK 25, SS 20, AK 25, GC 26, DS 25, SA 23, JM 25, AJ 24, ED 25, MB 21 and Samir Nasri??? is 24.

br55 said:
I was just looking at the ages of our first team squad and fourteen players are aged between 20 and 26. The odd men out are Yaya 28, Lescott 29 and Barry 30. The future looks very good indeed.

For those interested in the details:

JH 24, PZ 26, MR 23, VK 25, SS 20, AK 25, GC 26, DS 25, SA 23, JM 25, AJ 24, ED 25, MB 21 and Samir Nasri??? is 24.

Do be serious. Didn't you know that only the scum build teams for the future (using players that always come through their renown academy) and nobody else could possibly have a team of young players. What would Asia say at such a suggestion

Gary Neville was saying in the off season (yes Neville the rat faced **** again..... but I think he actually really does know what he's on about!) that Ferguson tries to have a certain amount of players in a range of age catagories in the squad.

So your 17-22yr olds; 22-27; 27-32; 32+ ... and an even share in each.

what a coincidence! was gonna do the same list just couple of hours ago, but didn't have the time to do so!

Is there anywhere a list showing average age of all the teams in the PL?

Whenever we replace Barry and Lescott (probably next summer) bar Yaya we won't really have to touch the starting 11 for another 5 years. Obviously some will probably leave and require replacements and we'll add other member to the squad but Joe, Micah, Vinnie, Kolarov and/or Clichy, Dave, Nige, Milner, Johnno, Nasri, Aguero, Dzeko and Mario have all got the best part of a decade in them yet. It's a good job the club started looking more long term after too many short term stop gaps from hughes. We've got plenty of time for the squad to blend and achieve our goals

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.