Bundesliga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to my trip at the weekend. I know Wolfsburg isn't a great place to visit, but it will please my OCD to have the full set of grounds (for a few months anyway).

24 hours in Berlin to look forward to as well.

The state of play

Bundesliga - Title is sorted. Champions League places are sorted. Europa League places are very much up for grabs. Relegation spots (Darmstadt aside) are very close.

Bundesliga 2 - Promotion spots are tight between the top 4 (Stuttgart, Braunschweig, Hannover, and Union Berlin). Two go up automatically with the 3rd place playing 3rd bottom from the Bundesliga in a two legged play off. Dresden and Fürth have little to play for, but everyone from Heidenheim down are in a relegation battle. Karlsruher look down, but who joins them is anyones guess at the minute.

3 Liga - Duisburg look as though they're going up, but its similarly tight after that. At the bottom it looks as though Mainz's B team are going and FSV Frankfurt (who I believe have entered insolvency) are going down. Likely to be joined by Paderborn for their third successive relegation. Quite a fall from grace.

As it stands the three coming up would be out of the following; Unterhaching, Waldorf Mannheim, Elversberg, Viktoria Köln, Meppen, and Carl Zeiss Jena. So some big teams, but Alemannia Aachen are not going up and are in danger of going out of business I believe.

Enjoy the trip and job well done on getting the full set! :)

Would be great to see Stuttgart, Hannover und Union get promoted and swap them for Darmstadt (would like to see them stay up, but chances are slim), Ingolstadt and Mainz/Wolfsburg.

Second last game of the season for Mainz is at home against us, which might become a decider match for them (I hope we managed to secure our spot in the Bundesliga for the next season by then). I think I could live with sending them down. ;)

Meeting up with Rhineland in 3 weeks for the Leverkusen-Koln derby, and as a sign of the times, the whole trip is probably going to cost less than £150. Indeed, we can't be far off a German trip being cheaper than an FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley.
Not sure about the Sunday, but I've got a choice of Karlsruhre (new ground), St Paul (i'm obviously in a small minority, but as a Hamburg sympathiser, I hope they get relegated), and Hanover-Stuttgart (crucial 2nd tier decider).

Enjoy the trip and job well done on getting the full set! :)

Would be great to see Stuttgart, Hannover und Union get promoted and swap them for Darmstadt (would like to see them stay up, but chances are slim), Ingolstadt and Mainz/Wolfsburg.

Second last game of the season for Mainz is at home against us, which might become a decider match for them (I hope we managed to secure our spot in the Bundesliga for the next season by then). I think I could live with sending them down. ;)

If those predictions come true, then I only need Hoffenheim, Augsburg, Freiburg, and Leipzig for the full Bundesliga 1 set.

Darmstadt refuses to go down and drags Hamburg even more into the shit by winning 2-1 at Hamburg.
Ingolstadt goes down 2-4 against Bremen (they have an incredible run in the last weeks).
We beat Augsburg 3-1 (nervewrecking as they got up 1-0 and we ended up with something like 70% possession but we are not able to score anymore for whatever reason).
Unfortunately Mainz draws 2-2 at Bayern.

Still incredible close down there and even Schalke/Leverkusen are still in the middle of a relegation fight.

Hoffenheim qualified to Europe on Friday which makes me want to throw up...they cant even fill their own ground for Bundesliga games this season and are constantly amongst the clubs who bring the least away fans. Going to be embarassing to see them represent the Bundesliga in Europe.

Hello Berlin, we are coming to win the cup! :)

1609692361-dfb-pokal-halbfinale-borussia-moenchengladbach-eintracht-frankfurt-OAef.jpg

Qualified for the finals of the German cup yesterday and we will win either against Munich or Dortmund.

Unfortunately we are not qualified automatically for Europe anymore, even though both of the other finalists will play in Europe. Seems like they recently changed the rules, so we will have to qualify for Europe via the league.

Bayern out of a 2nd cup competition in a week. Got beat 3-2 at home to Dortmund.

Considering their nearest title rival is a team that just got promoted to the Bundesliga last season, it looks like this season will be seen as failure.

Bayern out of a 2nd cup competition in a week. Got beat 3-2 at home to Dortmund.

Considering their nearest title rival is a team that just got promoted to the Bundesliga last season, it looks like this season will be seen as failure.

A failure for Bayern or the Bundesliga, or both?

A failure for Bayern or the Bundesliga, or both?

Both when you come to think of it.

As good as Leipzig have been, going from Bundesliga. 2 to 2nd in Bundesliga. 1, it is bad form from the likes of Dortmund.

Pep's kudos remains intact I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.