Bundesliga thread 2020/21

Soon to be three in four for City, whereas Juve, Real, and Barca unlikely to win theirs this year. PSG not convincing either and may not (probably will). Bayern had gone 2nd pre-match.

But we're currently (as I type) 14 points clear and that's not the same problem you see in other leagues?
There's 4 other teams in our league that can financially compete, 0 in theirs.

There's 4 other teams in our league that can financially compete, 0 in theirs.
Think that's slightly naīve. There is no one in ours that can compete with us financially. Do you want to bring in a spending cap in every league to make it fair?

That's a different issue from my initial point though. If we win it again this year, why is that ok when it's a problem that the same team wins again and again elsewhere?

Think that's slightly naīve. There is no one in ours that can compete with us financially. Do you want to bring in a spending cap in every league to make it fair?

That's a different issue from my initial point though. If we win it again this year, why is that ok when it's a problem that the same team wins again and again elsewhere?
It's a problem when the same team are winning 9 years running with double the budget of anyone else. In that time we've had 5 different teams with similar budgets bar Leicester. Nobody in those leagues can get outside investment or even reinvest sales income into their squads thanks to FFP.

You really need to look at the context. 3 in 4 is nothing compared to 9 in a row. And United and Chelsea certainly can compete with us financially. Chelsea spent quarter of a billion. Now name German, Italian or French team who is capable of spending like that. (other than the obvious ones like Bayern, Juventus, PSG)

Bayern most likely will make it 10 in a row. Exciting isn't it

It's a problem when the same team are winning 9 years running with double the budget of anyone else. In that time we've had 5 different teams with similar budgets bar Leicester. Nobody in those leagues can get outside investment or even reinvest sales income into their squads thanks to FFP.
So when does it become a problem? Only after the 9th in a row? This will be our 5th in 10 I think, but we should have done more in my opinion, at least 7/8 - we've had the best team/squad in all of those seasons we haven't won it. 5 in 10 doesn't sound as bad as 3 in 4, but what if it goes on to 9 in 10?

I like us winning, so don't see it as a bad thing. I'm sure the Bayern fans don't either. I just think it's massively hypocritical to say other countries leagues are shit and problematic when we're so far clear of ours (again)

So Bayern are playing Stuttgart right now. They went a man down after 12 minutes with the score 0-0. Now after 23 minutes they are 3-0 up.

Just tuned in to the BM game. 40 minutes in they are down to 10 men but 4-0 up. Lewandowski hat trick.

One thing just tickled me. Gnabry was running down the wing and was held back by a Stuttgart player. The referee didn’t give anything until the Bayern players appealed then he gave a free kick. Just goes to show the German Rags referee their own games just like the Manchester Rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.