Bundesliga: The Best League in the World

Golden Slumbers

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc-invisibleman.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/bundesliga-best-league-in-world.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc-invisibleman.blogspot.co.uk ... world.html</a>

My long-awaited fourth article is finally here....

Criticism is welcome, so is some lovin'.

'ight?

You can turn it on any way you want, Bundesliga is not best league in the World.

And Bayern's name certainly sounds enough strong to not use it in "some german teams beat English ones even if their name don't sound that big" (or what word you used) argument.

Only Bayern and Dortmund can compete with top Premier League clubs and only Schalke from the rest ones could give a game to some of top 7-8 ones.

Other teams are average at best and Gladbach is proving it with not qualifying to CL and losing at home to Fenerbahce in EL after selling 2 players from last season.

MSP said:
You can turn it on any way you want, Bundesliga is not best league in the World.

And Bayern's name certainly sounds enough strong to not use it in "some german teams beat English ones even if their name don't sound that big" (or what word you used) argument.

Only Bayern and Dortmund can compete with top Premier League clubs and only Schalke from the rest ones could give a game to some of top 7-8 ones.

Other teams are average at best and Gladbach is proving it with not qualifying to CL and losing at home to Fenerbahce in EL after selling 2 players from last season.

+100

Than competition you're talking about..

Real Madrid had a best season any La Liga team ever had and finished 44 points above 5th place. Dortmund finished 27 points above 5th place but in a league with 18 teams, 2 less than La Liga. So it's probably 10 more points if you take 2 teams from 2. Bundesliga to play against Dortmund. And that brings you to only 7 points of difference between first and fifth in Spain and Germany with Madrid having record number of points in La liga.

Dortmund scored 80 and conceded 25 in 34 games. 2.35 goals scored and 0.74 conceded per game.

Madrid scored 112 and conceded 32 in 38 games. 2.94 scored and 0.94 conceded per game.

It's similar stats with teams who finished 2nd - Barcelona and Bayern.

Not big difference at all.

People thinking like you are are just failing on recent Bundesliga's Watzkes and Hoenesses (together with Bundesliga fans) propaganda. They're trying to trick people into thinking it's St. Bundesliga, mes que un league so they could sell their project and pull more marketing money from it..

Add to that your knee jerk reaction after last night's game too.

The only thing they are in front of other big European league is attendance but that is often due to completely different system than in other leagues where football is (as it should be) the business and not some social category where city councils are building (or helping to build) stadiums, infrastructure, writing off the debts etc.

I actually hate their system. It gives football some special place in society that it doesn't deserve. It should be business for owners and players, entertainment for fans and nothing more than that. There's tons of more important areas where governing bodies should send their money rather than football.

Does it help that there was supposed to be a '?' in the title? I know the article might seem a little contrived and I don't actually believe Bundesliga is the best which is why I don't conclude that it is, just that it's a contender (although maybe you disagree).

This is only my fourth article so I'm more concerned with the quality of writing at the moment, but the argument is obviously key to the article too.

Cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.