Burnley (A) - Fri 11th Aug | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're concerned teams are going to try and injury people to get them off the field then more yellow cards will stop it. The biggest problem being addressed here is fake injuries to stop the flow of the game. Odegaard did it last week at the start of the second half. These are not injuries and they don't require a stoppage of play or the trainers to come. If you put in some sort of punitive punishment for this then maybe it slows it down.

USL in American is testing three minutes mandatory time out if you are down for more than 15 minutes. We'll see how it goes. You watch the Women's World Cup - and I know it is not equivalent - but there's very little diving and time wasting. This is a men's issue and I'm by nature skeptical of all these injuries. Are some serious? Yes. And in those cases, you see an immediate reaction on the field by players for trainers to come. A lot of them you see players milling and knowing what is exactly going on. It's become engrained and it's the easiest way to take time wasting out of the game.

I'd also like to see a clock for when the ball goes out of play for a throw. You don't put it back into play in 15 seconds, the ball goes to the other team. There's also a ton of time wasting around set pieces, too. These are all "unofficial" timeouts that slow the game down and also are used by the leading team.

I was being a bit flippant in my comment but I agree with pretty much all you say. My opinions have been well documented in the refereeing and added time threads so I won’t regurgitate them here.

I think the easiest solution (and the solution to all the time wasting issues) is just a simple clock that stops when the ball is dead and a proper timekeeper. Obviously, the obstacle for that is the game length would have to be shortened or we’d be playing til midnight. People are very precious about this but I think they just need to get over it, I think it’s the only thing that’s simple enough to work to everybody’s satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.