Burnley (a) pre-match thread

Burnley (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to win the next two - because they are both winnable and we now owe Leicester a display too. And they may feel the same about us. But mostly as that huge period follows with CL, Cup Final, and Arsenal and Chelsea in league.

If we rotate a lot it will surely be at Wigan in the next month. That is probably the competition we will accept sacrificing if we have to now.

If we still have at least a 15 pt lead going into that 10 days end of month/early March when we play Chelsea and Arsenal then we have leeway there as by then we might need it in such tough games with no breaks between and tiredness and injuries.

Good results in those games could then all but win the league. So we have to manage this spell as well as we can. Which I expect Pep to do perfectly.

Last thing we need is to make those games more vital than they are. If we can go into them less desperate than either of the London sides then that will really help us.

Mess up the next 2 league games by any big rotation and we put extra pressure on the end of the month/early March that we don't need.

3 great bits of news today... no Fern ban, Merlin OK and Martin Atkinson as ref for this one. By far the best ref for me and would have shown 2 reds last night to Albion thugs. Happy happy day :-)

We need to win the next two - because they are both winnable and we now owe Leicester a display too. And they may feel the same about us. But mostly as that huge period follows with CL, Cup Final, and Arsenal and Chelsea in league.

If we rotate a lot it will surely be at Wigan in the next month. That is probably the competition we will accept sacrificing if we have to now.

If we still have at least a 15 pt lead going into that 10 days end of month/early March when we play Chelsea and Arsenal then we have leeway there as by then we might need it in such tough games with no breaks between and tiredness and injuries.

Last thing we need is to make those games more vital than they are. If we can go into them less desperate than either of the London sides then that will really help us.

Mess up the next 2 league games by any big rotation and we put extra pressure on the end of the month/early March that we don't need.
Pep will play the strongest team possible no doubt at all on Saturday with no midweek game.

3 great bits of news today... no Fern ban, Merlin OK and Martin Atkinson as ref for this one. By far the best ref for me and would have shown 2 reds last night to Albion thugs. Happy happy day :-)

I always worry when people say we're about to get a decent ref, a real hostage to fortune. Used to get that with Mark Halsey because of the Gillingham game, and he seemed to shaft us every game thereafter to make up for it. So can I just say that Atkinson is worse than Taylor and Mason combined and will give us nothing?

Didn't we just beat this team 4-1 in the cup? Shouldn't be that bad, especially if Fernandinho isn't banned.

It's not going to be easy place to go but if the team's overall attitude is right then we should get the 3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.