Burnley (a) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see Foden too.I think he will offer more against a physical Burnley side who are free to try and play a bit now.

I’m sure Pep will plan and prepare the team for this game and only this game.
No point us looking any further ahead than the next game. Focus on that and we should come out the other side with 3 points.
Burnley had a good game against Chelsea, they’re no mugs.
Yes they’re down the bottom, but that makes them still dangerous.
You can be sure Huddersfield will get a real fisting tonight from the vile vermin.
It’s up to us to go about our job professionally and let the haters hate!!!

I don’t know whether we start Otamendi or Kompany. Kompany had a poor first half and had no composure at all on the ball whereas Otamendi seems to relish the physical battles but gives away cheap free kicks which is exactly what Burnley will look for.

I think their pitch is exactly the same size as ours - it the stadium that is smaller and so gives the optical illusion that the pitch is smaller when it isn't. Bit like everyone saying the Wembley pitch is huge when it is the same length as ours and one metre wider

I hope that's true. I've always considered Burney to be a small pitch.

It's obviously a tough game, but the way some Liverpool fans and even some in the media are talking about it being tougher than away at United is laughably weird. Of course it isn't, it's not even close to being as tough. Which doesn't mean for a second that City can't get turned over.
Well it's not laughably weird, actually. United have more points and better players of course. However there are reasons why we have struggled at Turf Moir recently and cruised at Old Trafford: some teams' style doesn't suit us and others' does. Burnley's sit back/route one/second ball/setpiece gameplan is a problem for us if we are not "at it". United were always going to come out at us which would give us room to play, and that's what happened. Burnley, if they get enough of the ball, can exploit our biggest weakness which is high balls and set pieces. Other factors to consider are form of course, but also relevant is the fact that we played on Wednesday and Burnley didn't.

I'm not saying we are goin g to lose the game of course. But I've been worried about this one for a while now and there's nothing "laughably weird" about that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.