Burnley and the Suicide Squad etc.................

Ja Salford Blue

Ive been reading the Burnley Pubs thread and FFS some people are going on like its going to be some sort of scene from the Football Factory.

People are saying things like:
"dont go in certain pubs unless your mob handed"
"stay out of Burnley town centre at all costs"
"The Suicide Squad meet here" etc..... (thats a top name by the way ha!)

How many times have we had this about different grounds this season, Everton, United (x2), Stoke (x2) and now Burnley. Its getting boring now.

Its simple if your worried then dont go! Otherwise stop the scaremongering!

(I'll proberbly be back on here on Sunday telling everyone about my night in Burnley general after this rant now!)

There is no such thing as burnley general. medicine is still regarded as witchcraft up there

Ja Salford Blue said:
Ive been reading the Burnley Pubs thread and FFS some people are going on like its going to be some sort of scene from the Football Factory.

How many times have we had this about different grounds this season, Everton, United (x2), Stoke (x2) and now Burnley. Its getting boring now.

(I'll proberbly be back on here on Sunday telling everyone about my night in Burnley general after this rant now!)
i follow city everywhere and there's only been two places that i've felt un-nerved in recent times stoke and burnley, both have their fair share of 70s neanderthals following them

squirtyflower said:
Ja Salford Blue said:

i follow city everywhere and there's only been two places that i've felt un-nerved in recent times stoke and burnley, both have their fair share of 70s neanderthals following them

Fair point mate, but as I said Ive been to Stoke twice this year and didnt see a singlr bit of trouble!

Ja Salford Blue said:
squirtyflower said:

Fair point mate, but as I said Ive been to Stoke twice this year and didnt see a singlr bit of trouble!
enjoy burnley, i live up there

squirtyflower said:
Ja Salford Blue said:
enjoy burnley, i live up there

I understand what your saying, and I realise that certain places are more tasty than others, but I have generally found that if you keep your wits about you and dont go mouthing off you will be fine. IMO the days of being ambushed by a waiting 'mob' are extreemley few and far between

I lived over the hill in Bacup for many many years and believe me Burnley is still bad for trouble on matchday

they do tend to pick off ones or twos but stick with larger groups of City and you'll be fine

avoid the town centre pubs though pre and post match especialy with it being a late ko as there will be a lot of pissed up Burnley fans knocking about!!

Burnley Cricket Club is Ok (i've scored many a run there for Bacup over the years!!)

We're a big scalp for Burnley , on the pitch .... and their fans , in turn , appear to dislike Manchester football fans in general

so personally i'd take heed of the warnings not to drink in the city centre , i have seen them roaming around looking for trouble before city games there in the past , and i've also heard others say it too

stay aware , stay safe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.