Burnley (h) pre-match thread

Burnley (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where else to put this, but a (slightly) more statistically driven look at the top 6: https://www.theringer.com/soccer/2018/10/19/17995886/the-premier-league-standings-are-lying-to-you

My favorite bit is this paragraph:
"In a normal season, the top of the table right now would have a great team in Liverpool, a very good team in Chelsea, a team with an outside chance of hanging in there in Spurs, and an interloper in Arsenal. But this isn’t a normal year. This isn’t even last year. The 2017-18 version of Manchester City were a fantastic side that won a Premier League–record 100 points while winning the title by 19 points. This year, they’re playing better on both sides of the ball. Last year Manchester City beat everybody; this year they’re breaking them. The table might seem tight at the moment, but the reality is that Manchester City are in a league all by themselves."

I'm a bit confused though. Where are United? Why aren't they mentioned as a contender? Surely there must be mistake...

Not sure where else to put this, but a (slightly) more statistically driven look at the top 6: https://www.theringer.com/soccer/2018/10/19/17995886/the-premier-league-standings-are-lying-to-you

My favorite bit is this paragraph:
"In a normal season, the top of the table right now would have a great team in Liverpool, a very good team in Chelsea, a team with an outside chance of hanging in there in Spurs, and an interloper in Arsenal. But this isn’t a normal year. This isn’t even last year. The 2017-18 version of Manchester City were a fantastic side that won a Premier League–record 100 points while winning the title by 19 points. This year, they’re playing better on both sides of the ball. Last year Manchester City beat everybody; this year they’re breaking them. The table might seem tight at the moment, but the reality is that Manchester City are in a league all by themselves."

I'm a bit confused though. Where are United? Why aren't they mentioned as a contender? Surely there must be mistake...

There's already a thread on it called " The Premier League table is lying to you", but yes, it's a great article.

The ringer is an American site which focuses on analytics. In this case, they're focusing on expected goals. Tottenham are overperforming so far. City are underperforming and should open up a sizable lead when things even out. United should be around 7th according to their expected goals.

How's it going folks not going to see the match today, just wondering if it was possible to watch the entire match afew hours after it was live? Could you PM me links or details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.