Zinchenko
Delph
Foden
Gundogan
Bernardo
Mahrez
Jesus

That’s an exceptionally strong side.

I’d rest Bernardo, Stones, Walker and possibly Gundogan. There will never be a better opportunity to give the likes of Sandler and Gomes starts.

Muric
Walker
Garcia
Stones
Zinchenko
Delph
Foden
Gundogan
Bernardo
Mahrez
Jesus
Dont know what the hell has happened to walker of late? hes been horrendous, maybe its game time he needs to sort himself out? Hope so

Plenty of first team squad need game time so I'd make that the basis of the team. I wouldn't start many kids, Garcia and maybe one other but I would have three of them on the bench and hope to bring them on in the second half.

The game needs to be won and won comfortably.

——————-—-Muric—————————
Bolton—Garcia—Komp/Ota—Mendy
—————————Pozo—————————
—————-Foden———Zinchenko——
——Poveda——Jesus———Mahrez——

Mendy to be subbed with Nmecha after 45 mins, Zinch LB

This way the EDS can field this team:

——————Grimshaw———————
Frimpong Sandler Bellis Ogbeta
———————Gomes————————
—Dele/Bernabe—Richards————
Garre————Touaizi———Matondo/Braaf

I don't think any of that answers the question tbh.

And nobody is 'belittling' the opponents. They lost the first leg by a cricket score, so it gives us an opportunity to rest a few players, because it's unlikely they will score 9 if we do, is all.
Resting a few players is one thing and is quite correct in my opinion given what happened in the first leg. Nobody would disagree with that. Managing the number of games we have by stretching the squad is essential. However putting out a youth team or as some have suggested a ladies team I would take issue with (although I fully appreciate the latter was said in jest!)
It is still a game we must win to keep up momentum and will provide a good opportunity for some of our elite players who are misfiring for whatever reason to get their confidence up.

Plenty of first team squad need game time so I'd make that the basis of the team. I wouldn't start many kids, Garcia and maybe one other but I would have three of them on the bench and hope to bring them on in the second half.

The game needs to be won and won comfortably.

Does it?

This game is what I would call the definition of a dead rubber.

None of Ederson, Laporte, Fernandinho, KDB, D.Silva, Sterling, Aguero anywhere near this game please. Completely unnecessary injury risks to take.

Resting a few players is one thing and is quite correct in my opinion given what happened in the first leg. Nobody would disagree with that. Managing the number of games we have by stretching the squad is essential. However putting out a youth team or as some have suggested a ladies team I would take issue with (although I fully appreciate the latter was said in jest!)
It is still a game we must win to keep up momentum and will provide a good opportunity for some of our elite players who are misfiring for whatever reason to get their confidence up.

We won't put out a youth team.

We could however have started 2 or 3 & have 2 or 3 on the bench, if it wasn't for the game the night before.

It would be preferrable to win the game, but it's not at all necessary & some of the first team players will not be relishing this game, effectively having done the job already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.