Bury expelled from Football League

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by urban genie, 18 Jun 2019.

1. TheRemainsOfTheDave

TheRemainsOfTheDave

Lots of City links. Used to be owned by Bernard Manning Jr, Ronnie Evans was physio there for a while etc.

The ground is a bit hidden away so easy to miss but is being run well as far as I can tell. Pitch slopes a bit to me, although at £2.60 a pint at the bar it might be something else.

SatOnTheWall likes this.
  2. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

Clubs wont vote in the rules that would sort them out though. They could subject themselves to minimum capital requirement like Banks, you'd get thrown out the conference room window for suggesting that. Bottom line, the owners all play fast and lose and take massive risks that you wouldn't do in any other type of business. Blame the higher leagues and the bigger clubs all you like, nothing stops the smaller clubs living within their means but their own approach to risk and reward.

3. Essex blue

Essex blue

I haven’t read all the post but didn’t city give them our old carrington training to use free of charge on the condition they maintained the pitches?

They didn’t and city kicked them out around June time.

4. BlueMojito

BlueMojito

5. Radcliffe 1309

Radcliffe 1309

Yep quite a few ex City have turned out for Radcliffe, Peter Barnes, Gary Buckley, Steve Kinsey, Ged Brannan, and Ian Bishop have all played there mainly due the contacts of Kevin Glendon (also ex City) and Bernard Jr who is still an owner to this day.
    Good club on the up !

6. fanakapan

fanakapan

One really large link...one Colin Bell was signed from Bury.

7. cjn

cjn

Yeah we did, we already tried to help. Tough break.

8. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Dale didn't sound like he's a man with the intelligence to turn this around,he was also the polar opposite of inspirational.

9. crazyg

crazyg

For what was, in those days, a large amount of money (£45K, iirc). Plus the pre-season friendlies we had there, where the fans changed ends at half time. It's not as if we got him for free.

10. peoffrey

peoffrey

Thaksin Shinawatra’s intentions towards City were arguably questionable but he didn’t sell us to toilets like Bury, Chester or Hereford.

I don’t want any club to go under. Not United nor Liverpool.