Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

Had a season ticket there last year, the football they played under Ryan Lowe was really good for that level so it is really sad to see their demise. Having said that it is due to their own financial mismanagement that they are where they are now so no way should we bail them out

Football,like all things in life evolves through time.
When I was a schoolboy the following teams were in the Football League(usually 3rd or 4th Division.)
1- Workington Town
2- Barrow
3- Southport
4-Bradford Park Avenue
5- Stockport County(in the FL until much more recently tbf)
So basically Bury and to a lesser extent Bolton Wanderers have failed to adapt to 21st century football conditions and have ultimately paid the consequence for not evolving like other teams have done successfully.
They have become football dinosaurs,and we all know what happened to the dinosaurs.

92 full time professional clubs was an early 20th century model, not an early 21st. Teams/clubs can continue at a semi pro level, no big deal.

92 full time professional clubs was an early 20th century model, not an early 21st. Teams/clubs can continue at a semi pro level, no big deal.
That is exactly what I am talking about. Bury will have to continue to exist outside the Football League on a sem-pro basis. Adopt and survive,or stay still and die. Basically it's the Law of the Jungle-survival of the fittest(in financial terms).

Fuck ‘em, I remember being on maine road in old 2nd div when they beat us 1-0, they ridiculed us big time, we’ve helped them out giving them carrington would they help us in reverse situation? would they fuck

Fuck ‘em, I remember being on maine road in old 2nd div when they beat us 1-0, they ridiculed us big time, we’ve helped them out giving them carrington would they help us in reverse situation? would they fuck

Of course they ridiculed us. It was a cup final for Bury. Let them have their win at Maine Road. I don’t even remember that match.

What’s happening to their club is abhorrent.

Of course they ridiculed us. It was a cup final for Bury. Let them have their win at Maine Road. I don’t even remember that match.

It is mate yeh, but is that our fault? we hit the jackpot with our owner, before that we were the fuckin experts of bad ownership, we so nearly went under remember? don’t recall people/clubs lining up to help to save us?

Oh I remember that match, Valentines day if I'm not wrong. Shitty cold day and voted the worst match in our history on one forum. Also famous for that Blue ripping his season ticket up on the pitch. Just to rub salt in our wounds the Bury scorer was supposed to have been a City fan.

A lot of water under the bridge now and I'd happily help them out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.