Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

Twitter has a lot to answer for, giving airtime to clueless gobshites like this.

For fucks sake, when does he go back to college?
He asks if your neighbour was starving would you not help them and buy food for them? Well what if your neighbour had no food because they are drug addicts and spend all their money on crack.... Would you give them a tenner if they promised sincerely that it would go on food and only food and the thought of buying more crack never entered their head?
And to think he is probably old enough to vote....

For fucks sake, when does he go back to nursery school?
He asks if your neighbour was starving would you not help them and buy food for them? Well what if your neighbour had no food because they are drug addicts and spend all their money on crack.... Would you give them a tenner if they promised sincerely that it would go on food and only food and the thought of buying more crack never entered their head?
Edited.

Covenants can be broken. There is almost always a legal way of doing it. I don't pretend to know the technicalities, but a good solicitor certainly would. So I am by no means reassured by the alleged covenant on Gigg Lane.

It's a bit like "listed buildings". Some people think if a building is "listed" it is safe. Not necessarily.

Think about it. Nothing happens for five years, Gigg Lane gets overgrown, "travellers" camp on the car park and set fire to stuff, the whole place becomes an eyesore. What will the local community say then? I can tell you, they'll be raising hell.

The only way to save it is to secure it for a practical use (for example for a new football club) and to do that someone is going to have to stump up millions.

Covenants can be broken. There is almost always a legal way of doing it. I don't pretend to know the technicalities, but a good solicitor certainly would. So I am by no means reassured by the alleged covenant on Gigg Lane.

It's a bit like "listed buildings". Some people think if a building is "listed" it is safe. Not necessarily.

Think about it. Nothing happens for five years, Gigg Lane gets overgrown, "travellers" camp on the car park and set fire to stuff, the whole place becomes an eyesore. What will the local community say then? I can tell you, they'll be raising hell.

The only way to save it is to secure it for a practical use (for example for a new football club) and to do that someone is going to have to stump up millions.
The good people of Moston can tell you all aboit covenents being ripped up....

Some more info surrounding the 'debt' behind the club and criticism of the CVA put in place.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/28/bury-mp-fans-fsa-cva-football-regulation

A meeting at the EFL was due today at noon - not sure if this is specifically for Bury's case or if they are just hoping to get their appeal heard. One of the prospective buyers is willing to take over the club and is linked to a Brazilian gold mine company. Hope they are successful in their appeal.

EDIT: EFL refuse. Local MP looking at Parliamentary and/or legal action.

Last edited:
For fucks sake, when does he go back to college?

He pissed off some blue on twitter who then found out he is from Banbury not wolverhampton, and since has shit himself and stated claiming it is all banter and an act for social media

The replies and his backtracking are amusing

Unfortunately, this is spot on. They're not helped by the fact that it's probably a fairly attractive site for residential development given that it's within walking distance of the town centre, is a reasonable neighbourhood, has relatively decent road and public transport links to Manchester, and has easy access to the countryside. Based on what's been reported in the media, this would look like a fairly straightforward repossession of a mortgaged asset from an insolvent debtor. You'd then expect a sale to follow, and there'll definitely be interested developers.

Even if Gigg Lane is listed as an asset of community value, that only confers a right to match other bids for the land - and if a phoenix club is starting again four or, perhaps more likely, even six levels down the pyramid, they're unlikely to have the financial clout to equal a developer's offer. Developers then typically play the long game and, as you say, the oldest trick in the book if you can't get planning permission for a site is to cynically run the existing property down until everyone's desperate to get rid of it. In such cases, it's quite uncommon for the developer not to prevail eventually, whatever restrictions on development exist in theory.

I reckon that a phoenix club will be formed and, while there'll be a lot of hard work ahead, they'll probably get sufficient crowds (and thus generate enough cash) to climb up the pyramid fairly quickly - at least to National League North level. But they'll most likely start off ground-sharing outside their own town - perhaps initially at Salford City, which has about the closest decent appropriately sized stadium to them and is a club where you'd expect a couple of the co-owners in Gary and Phil Neville to be sympathetic to the Bury plight.

They're probably then going to face a long and difficult battle to get back to Bury. AFC Wimbledon have been playing five miles away from their traditional home for 17 years since their formation and are due to begin work on a new stadium in their borough of origin only next month. AFC Bury (or whatever they call themselves) might also find themselves based outside the town for quite a while, especially if, unlike AFC Wimbledon, they get stuck in non-league for a lengthy period.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.