Bus parking for beginners

The first goal seems to be more important than ever for us - we used to score for fun so it didn’t matter going 1 down but now, I can’t remember the last time we won after conceding the first goal?

Beating a well parked bus is not easy. The more compact the opposition are in the final third, the more chance you have of the referee getting in the way of the passing channels (on purpose, or not). We have to commit forward to try and create, and that means the team playing out from the back and moving forward as a single attacking unit.

Can't afford to have a big gap between the lines, as defenders are on the back foot as the attack builds. Better to defend a high line and be in a position to close down the space or try and force opposition attacks out wide to give players time to get back. Unfortunately, this relies on our defenders being able to react quickly to a turnover in possession and anticipate quick balls over the top, which is something we are lacking at the moment.

Yes, we should be putting our chances away, but we aren't quite on the money up top and it doesn't help having our main strikers crocked, and no real pre-season to speak of. Plus the sh*t international breaks and dodgy officiating hasn't helped either. Not quite panic stations just yet, but we really need to stop switching off in defence, and be more clinical up front.

best and simple way of beating a defences wall is to shoot from outside of the box
even if you make the keeper save it the more chances of the keeper just push it out into the danger zone

also having the right players and system ? its no good having jesus or aguero looking for headers from crosses out wide
the need for a big striker to hit and picking up the knock downs. for me we are far to focus on working the gap from out wide. teams have worked out that letting us have the ball out wide and banking up in the middle. because the lack of bodies city have in the box is crazy

city field map shows just how little touches our forwards have in the box ? its not rocket science and if you don't buy a ticket you will never win the lotto. another big change this season is the speed of movement of the ball ? we pass the hell out of the ball from side to side and back again. its like we get in great places and panic and pass it back ?

the amount of times our forward make a run only to see it passed sideways is crazy ? you see the heads of the striker drop because nobody see it. jesus is the best he's makes so many runs and nothing ? you can see the anger in him his arms are out wide shaking his head. he looks like he has given up and turns off

best and simple way of beating a defences wall is to shoot from outside of the box
even if you make the keeper save it the more chances of the keeper just push it out into the danger zone

also having the right players and system ? its no good having jesus or aguero looking for headers from crosses out wide
the need for a big striker to hit and picking up the knock downs. for me we are far to focus on working the gap from out wide. teams have worked out that letting us have the ball out wide and banking up in the middle. because the lack of bodies city have in the box is crazy

city field map shows just how little touches our forwards have in the box ? its not rocket science and if you don't buy a ticket you will never win the lotto. another big change this season is the speed of movement of the ball ? we pass the hell out of the ball from side to side and back again. its like we get in great places and panic and pass it back ?

the amount of times our forward make a run only to see it passed sideways is crazy ? you see the heads of the striker drop because nobody see it. jesus is the best he's makes so many runs and nothing ? you can see the anger in him his arms are out wide shaking his head. he looks like he has given up and turns off
I'd like to see a run of games featuring Delap and Jesus playing together.

I'd like to see a run of games featuring Delap and Jesus playing together.

delap is not ready in my book and its going to take a couple more years in the squad and playing for the the EDS or even going on loan

what we need is a fully ready seasoned match winner somebody like kane / haaland / lewandowski
somebody that goes straight into the first team and demands to ball and scores all types of goals

its been going on for ages. A couple of games ago we had our wingers on their proper sides and we looked dangerous again...then we went back to the same old turgid shite
Ah yes but then Mahrez won’t be able to check back inside, he’ll be expected to run and take his full back on.

Our objectives have definitely changed and we are not looking to be a midtable team. We can’t act like the club’s owners are happy for us to finish anything other than first.
he isnt talking about the clubs owners, he is talking about the fans and their expectations.
What the owners expect should not alter what we the fans expect
We cannot expect to win the league every year or even compete every year.
the prem is the most competitive big league in europe if not the world.
This is a good thing. Lots of different champions is a good thing for the league and football in general.
I want city to win four trophies each and every season, but I dont expect them to do it.
If you expect your team to win the league every year then city (or any english club) cannot be your team. You need to go and support bayern or real or barca or PSG or juve (although it looks like serie a may have now caught up)

the level of entitlement expressed by some of our fans on this thread reminds me of the dippers or the rags or the tarquins or the chavs.
It makes me sad.
point out what you see is wrong with the team and the causes of it by all means, call for new players to be bought, call for a clear out of players, call for new tactics, call for a new manager
but the over arching sense of entitlement to being at the top of the league, that some posters show, is nauseating.

its really the first time i have seen it to such an extent among fellow blues. Long may it not continue

he isnt talking about the clubs owners, he is talking about the fans and their expectations.
What the owners expect should not alter what we the fans expect
We cannot expect to win the league every year or even compete every year.
the prem is the most competitive big league in europe if not the world.
This is a good thing. Lots of different champions is a good thing for the league and football in general.
I want city to win four trophies each and every season, but I dont expect them to do it.
If you expect your team to win the league every year then city (or any english club) cannot be your team. You need to go and support bayern or real or barca or PSG or juve (although it looks like serie a may have now caught up)

the level of entitlement expressed by some of our fans on this thread reminds me of the dippers or the rags or the tarquins or the chavs.
It makes me sad.
point out what you see is wrong with the team and the causes of it by all means, call for new players to be bought, call for a clear out of players, call for new tactics, call for a new manager
but the over arching sense of entitlement to being at the top of the league, that some posters show, is nauseating.

its really the first time i have seen it to such an extent among fellow blues. Long may it not continue
True about getting carried away with expectations but City fans are amongst the most grounded out there. It’s not out of order to at least expect our best players to be picked and to be played in their best positions, that’s just basics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.