Bus Welcome vs. Spurs

Manchester33

The atmosphere has been below par for the last couple of home games. There are many reasons for this, but it's up to the most passionate fans to try raising the noise levels starting Sunday. With the game kicking off at 4:30 pm, fans can arrive early, have a few drinks, and enjoy another big match.

1894 are asking fans to create a buzz for the players as they arrive at the Etihad. The coach will arrive at the Colin Bell stand at 3pm and we'll be there to welcome them. We'd love it if you could come down and join us.

The atmosphere has been below par for the last couple of home games. There are many reasons for this, but it's up to the most passionate fans to try raising the noise levels starting Sunday. With the game kicking off at 4:30 pm, fans can arrive early, have a few drinks, and enjoy another big match.

1894 are asking fans to create a buzz for the players as they arrive at the Etihad. The coach will arrive at the Colin Bell stand at 3pm and we'll be there to welcome them. We'd love it if you could come down and join us.
It would also be great if the vocal fans could stop singing "Champions Again" and "Old Trafford is falling down" repeatedly at the wrong times and get back to the classics that rouse the stadium and team when they need it.

It would also be great if the vocal fans could stop singing "Champions Again" and "Old Trafford is falling down" repeatedly at the wrong times and get back to the classics that rouse the stadium and team when they need it.

OT falling down is funny but I agree it's getting too much air time now. We should be banging out songs that directly back our Boys in Blue

On Tuesday we tried to get:

Blue Moon going x2
We're not really here x3
We love you City x2
We never win at home x2

The first song we started was Blue Moon. We'll continue trying our best - but fans in all sections of the stadium need to step up - starting Sunday.

“Champions again” is an instant classic, simultaneously celebrating our unprecedented success whilst mocking the rags / dippers.

It roused the team pretty well at OT

Id rather hear them, than signing about Edin Dzeko or songs relating to players long gone

I'm hopeful that I'll need to turn the soundsystem in my living down because the atmosphere is that good, instead of turning it up to try and hear what's happening.... to then be deafened by that chump telling us who scored over the stadium speakers.

We need to face it, generally speaking the 50 odd thousand people on any give day at the Etihad simply cannot be arsed singing, or they feel it inappropriate to sing or show any emotion apart from when we score. Expecting them to bother to turn up early to welcome our bus on mass will end in disappointment.

I am a lifelong blue who went to hundreds of games at Maine Road and have held a season ticket from day 1 at this stadium, the difference in the past 10 years or so is astonishing.

I'm not going to suggest the reasoning, as everyone will have their own theories (tourists, prawn sandwich eaters, tickets being too expensive for Joe Bloggs etc) What I can say though is most games at the Etihad, the majority of people in that stadium may as well be at home or down the pub watching as they add absolutely nothing to the proceedings. The insult to injury is the habitual late shows and early leaves (much discussed on here).

The players and manager (and footballers in general) have said many many times that the fans and the atmosphere they create can make all the difference to how the team get through games. Over the years this team and manager have given us everything and more and yet look at us now, probably quieter and less fanatical than we were in division 2.

We may have the best fans in all the land and all the world but sadly most of them aren't in that stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.