Bus Welcome vs. Spurs

We need to face it, generally speaking the 50 odd thousand people on any give day at the Etihad simply cannot be arsed singing, or they feel it inappropriate to sing or show any emotion apart from when we score. Expecting them to bother to turn up early to welcome our bus on mass will end in disappointment.

I am a lifelong blue who went to hundreds of games at Maine Road and have held a season ticket from day 1 at this stadium, the difference in the past 10 years or so is astonishing.

I'm not going to suggest the reasoning, as everyone will have their own theories (tourists, prawn sandwich eaters, tickets being too expensive for Joe Bloggs etc) What I can say though is most games at the Etihad, the majority of people in that stadium may as well be at home or down the pub watching as they add absolutely nothing to the proceedings. The insult to injury is the habitual late shows and early leaves (much discussed on here).

The players and manager (and footballers in general) have said many many times that the fans and the atmosphere they create can make all the difference to how the team get through games. Over the years this team and manager have given us everything and more and yet look at us now, probably quieter and less fanatical than we were in division 2.

We may have the best fans in all the land and all the world but sadly most of them aren't in that stadium.
Absolute bullshit, we as fans were incredible in 2011/2012 then it petered off a bit but the last couple of seasons have been great, each season has peaks and troughs like every club but throwing our fans under the bus with your shitty comments is fucking low mate...

It's been a bad week for atmosphere don't get me wrong, but this past year or so we've seen some fantastic games for atmosphere. Arsenal, Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool(April)...

It really isn't all doom and gloom, and the truth is that those home games back at Maine Road in the 80s were nowhere near as good as people on here like to say they were
He's talking shit mate...

Id rather hear them, than signing about Edin Dzeko or songs relating to players long gone
I saw the king, including the night he was taken out by buchan, and when he returned/retired in 77/78. We were still singing his song into the new millenium. I don't think it matters what songs we sing, as long as we all do it. I'd be asking people if they ever sang at matches, if they did, why did they stop.

Absolute bullshit, we as fans were incredible in 2011/2012 then it petered off a bit but the last couple of seasons have been great, each season has peaks and troughs like every club but throwing our fans under the bus with your shitty comments is fucking low mate...
We'll have to agree to disagree. Nobody is being thrown under the bus here. Mostly all I see when I look around, in say a 10m radius from where I sit, are people sat almost emotionless, not joining in with any singing and only making any sort of reaction when we score. I'm not saying everyone is like that, there are lots that aren't, but it's probably like a 70/30 split

Bus welcomes should be only done for big important games near the end of the season

We're eating ourselves up once again about the atmosphere at the Etihad.

I don't know how it started this time? ;-)

Last edited:
Bus welcomes should be only done for big important games near the end of the season
After the atmosphere last weekend and midweek, surely this is the perfect time to do it?

Hats off to the likes of @Manchester33 and co. for arranging stuff like this. We moan about the atmosphere but these lads and lasses are the ones trying to shift the dial.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.