business advice if possible

Sorry pal, but your giving too little info as to what your doing.

Is it your own brew? Or just a cocktail? PM me if you can with a few details (just so I can get a better idea, I dont want your secrets), and I'll try and point you in the right direction.

the best info i can give without giving it all away is the product contains vodka. i know the product doesnt exist at the moment but its such a simple idea. thats all i can say really.

davymcfc said:
the best info i can give without giving it all away is the product contains vodka. i know the product doesnt exist at the moment but its such a simple idea. thats all i can say really.

Vodka & Vimto?

davymcfc said:
right, im not the smartest person in the world. im 20 years old and i have no idea how to set up my own business and how to go about gettin it all started. my friend came up with a really good idea involving an alcoholic product which we intend on selling in party holiday destinations like ibiza, magaluf, malia etc. things i need to consider are alcohol licenses, how to make the product on a mass scale and package it. many questions. like i said im pretty much clueless. does anyone have any advice?

Sounds like your business idea is very much in the long grass at the moment mate and my advice to you would be to leave it there.
I run an established local drinks wholesalers with 500 customers and I also produce my own products and know the drinks trade as well as anyone.
The finance you will need to even to even test out your idea will scare the shit out of you
but if you are serious and want some advice on where to take your idea then let me know
and I will be happy to meet with you.

DAKOVICH said:
davymcfc said:
right, im not the smartest person in the world. im 20 years old and i have no idea how to set up my own business and how to go about gettin it all started. my friend came up with a really good idea involving an alcoholic product which we intend on selling in party holiday destinations like ibiza, magaluf, malia etc. things i need to consider are alcohol licenses, how to make the product on a mass scale and package it. many questions. like i said im pretty much clueless. does anyone have any advice?

Sounds like your business idea is very much in the long grass at the moment mate and my advice to you would be to leave it there.
I run an established local drinks wholesalers with 500 customers and I also produce my own products and know the drinks trade as well as anyone.
The finance you will need to even to even test out your idea will scare the shit out of you
but if you are serious and want some advice on where to take your idea then let me know
good shout dakovich also if you wont somebody to sample it i'am your man 32 years experience of drinking

DAKOVICH said:
davymcfc said:

Interesting. I am about to sell a smaller outlet and move to a larger one in M1. I use the largest national supplier [you know the one] but would prefer something more local and bespoke.

Davy, mate, the costs are horrendous and it's very easy to fall foul of laws that you haven't even heard of. Forget the Dragons' Den advice, they are too far removed from the practical concerns of 'smaller' business people like Dakovich [no disrepect intended] and me. My initial observation is that you are only looking at a seasonal market on the Med whereas the UK market come alive in the run up to Xmas. Bars are full of 'cross-over' products and so why not yours? You should also consider taking advice regarding any intellectual propoerty issues, from patents to trademarks [and the soft version of 'like for like' passing off. Then you need a manufacturer, a packager and a distributor, all before you can market anything. Drinks firms may do a deal with you on licensing and the aforesaid for the product but they are big fish who will gobble you up in the blink of an eye.

Anyway, get yourself a trustworthy partner, forget sleeping and I'm sure that you'll go far. Good luck!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.