butterfly migration

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JULES, 5 Apr 2020.

  1. JULES

    JULES

    Joined:
    3 Jun 2004
    Messages:
    6,026
    Location:
    Olon Ecuador
    I am sat here watching millions of butterflies migrating north. this is something I have never witnessed before, its so beautiful to see, there are millions of them! we dont have a camera so cant post a pic, in these sad times its nice to have something simple to brighten our lives up
     
  2. goatersnipple

    goatersnipple

    Joined:
    3 Jan 2014
    Messages:
    3,665
    Location:
    buxton
    Team supported:
    Don't be daft
    5g
     
  3. idahoblues

    idahoblues

    Joined:
    27 Mar 2009
    Messages:
    9,770
    Lucky you
     

    ADVERTISEMENT

  4. sir baconface

    sir baconface

    Joined:
    20 May 2012
    Messages:
    15,991
    Location:
    Not in my lifetime.
    Nice post, OP. I’d love to see them.

    Our butterfly population has been ravaged over the last 50 years or so. Presume it’s nowhere near as bad over there?
     
  5. Are they the Monarch butterflies
     
  6. Gabriel

    Gabriel

    Joined:
    14 Dec 2008
    Messages:
    10,491
    Location:
    The Palladion
    Don't let POTUS hear this. Millions of illegal South American butterflies forming a caravan of colour and migrating north...
     
    bellbuzzer likes this.
  7. JULES

    JULES

    Joined:
    3 Jun 2004
    Messages:
    6,026
    Location:
    Olon Ecuador
    no, I think what you are thinking about happens in northern Mexico
     
  8. You're right.
     
  9. Blue Mist

    Blue Mist

    Joined:
    14 Aug 2005
    Messages:
    15,921
    Location:
    you dont have to live next door to me
    Team supported:
    just give me equality
    No, they entered administration in 2017. These are Virgin butterflies who are being paid 80% of their flying time by the Ecuadorians, the other 20% is being paid by the british taxpayer.
     
    Tuearts right boot likes this.
  10. Just watched a nature program last week on this very phenomenon as they rose up together to take their last flight. As winter comes to a close in Mexico one of the most beautiful spectacles in mother nature erupts as a cascade of half a billion monarch butterflies take to flight,.Absolutely breathtaking.

     
    Last edited: 5 Apr 2020
    Kakhaber The Great and JULES like this.

Share This Page