buying extra fa cup tickets

Carver said:
fa2011mcfc said:
given_is_ironman said:
Yeah, i bought a ticket this morning for my kid brother, it'll be his first ever game so obviously he's not been the The Etihad this season, not sure why he was allowed one, maybe because i've got a season ticket?! Not sure.

Or maybe because they are on general sale to the public? Surely the Club will figure this one out and make people pay the Remaining amount anyway i got it for £15 because i am on the cup scheme .

I don't think they can do this. The retailer 'put tickets for sale' (an invitation to treat) at £15. If the buyer then offered the club £15 to purchase the ticket and the club accepted this offer of money, once the money was accepted a contract has been made. They can't ask for more money once the contract has been made but they are allowed to withdraw the £15 invitation to treat (offer or orders under process) for any tickets where the money has not been taken.

I'm sure one of our legal eagles will amend this to get it spot on.

Think this answers your quesiton after reading MCFC's T&C's:

1. Contract Formation

1.1 When you submit your order, you are offering to buy tickets at the price stated in accordance with the terms and conditions, which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. It is therefore important that you read and accept the terms and conditions before submitting the order.

1.2 Once you have completed your order, you will be asked to confirm that it is correct. If it is not, you can amend or cancel the order before submitting it. It is your responsibility to ensure it is correct before submission. You should note that payment will be taken when you click the "confirm and book" button. This does not indicate our acceptance of your offer, and will be refunded in the unlikely event that we refuse the offer.

1.3 We will send a confirmation email on receipt of your order. This is not an acceptance of your offer, but an acknowledgement that we have received the order, and that our Ticket Office are processing it. The contract between us will not be formed until we dispatch the tickets to the address as stated in your order.

1.4 Whilst we try to ensure that pricing and ticketing information on our website are correct at all times, errors may occasionally occur. If we discover an error in the price or nature of the ticket you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible, and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price/specification or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will unfortunately have to treat the order as cancelled. If the order is cancelled, we will of course provide you with a full refund.

lancs blue said:
mcraz said:
I have just noticed my points have disappeared for this game. Im sure they were there before xmas when the cup scheme was processed. Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes, it seems lots disappeared the other day, this season's ticket office software is seriously crap.

Yeah this happened to me when i bought mine yesterday but when i checked my account later on they had put them on.

just been talking to a friend who is on the cup scheme he went to the ground tp buy extra tickets and had to pay the full £40 so it looks like its an internet fault<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:48 pm --<br /><br />
thebrad said:
Carver said:
fa2011mcfc said:
Or maybe because they are on general sale to the public? Surely the Club will figure this one out and make people pay the Remaining amount anyway i got it for £15 because i am on the cup scheme .

I don't think they can do this. The retailer 'put tickets for sale' (an invitation to treat) at £15. If the buyer then offered the club £15 to purchase the ticket and the club accepted this offer of money, once the money was accepted a contract has been made. They can't ask for more money once the contract has been made but they are allowed to withdraw the £15 invitation to treat (offer or orders under process) for any tickets where the money has not been taken.

I'm sure one of our legal eagles will amend this to get it spot on.

Think this answers your quesiton after reading MCFC's T&C's:

1. Contract Formation

1.1 When you submit your order, you are offering to buy tickets at the price stated in accordance with the terms and conditions, which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. It is therefore important that you read and accept the terms and conditions before submitting the order.

1.2 Once you have completed your order, you will be asked to confirm that it is correct. If it is not, you can amend or cancel the order before submitting it. It is your responsibility to ensure it is correct before submission. You should note that payment will be taken when you click the "confirm and book" button. This does not indicate our acceptance of your offer, and will be refunded in the unlikely event that we refuse the offer.

1.3 We will send a confirmation email on receipt of your order. This is not an acceptance of your offer, but an acknowledgement that we have received the order, and that our Ticket Office are processing it. The contract between us will not be formed until we dispatch the tickets to the address as stated in your order.

1.4 Whilst we try to ensure that pricing and ticketing information on our website are correct at all times, errors may occasionally occur. If we discover an error in the price or nature of the ticket you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible, and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price/specification or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will unfortunately have to treat the order as cancelled. If the order is cancelled, we will of course provide you with a full refund.

so they do not have to accept your offer for the purchase

They don't have to accept your offer for the purchase and they can't charge you more than you offered either then or at a later time. They can only cancel it.

In 1.3 they say that the contract is formed when they dispatch the tickets, but if the money has gone out of your account maybe you could argue that this is the point of the contract being formed.

They are allowed a 'wait' time between you offering to pay and them accepting it. This has to be 'reasonable' (depends on what's being sold), but I'd still argue that the contract is formed when I've paid for the tickets (Either when I hand cash over at the box office or when the money goes out of my account- could be a couple of days after the electronic transaction).

Anyone reckon the 70 points thing is just for online purchase and it will be ok to buy in person?

Been to a game this season (before the cup draw was made I'm certainly not a scum fan) and there's no mention of the 70 points thing on this page <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2011/December/Ticket-details-for-FA-Cup-derby" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and- ... -Cup-derby</a>

Only mentions the 70 points on the purchasing page.

Vinjay said:
Anyone reckon the 70 points thing is just for online purchase and it will be ok to buy in person?

Been to a game this season (before the cup draw was made I'm certainly not a scum fan) and there's no mention of the 70 points thing on this page <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2011/December/Ticket-details-for-FA-Cup-derby" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and- ... -Cup-derby</a>

Only mentions the 70 points on the purchasing page.
yes ring up, you will get 1 mate

Yes ring up I got 1 for the lad £10 and he has 55 loyalty points.

It wont let you do it online for some reason.

fa2011mcfc said:
given_is_ironman said:
fa2011mcfc said:
Maybe you are Write pal but i thought it went blue card members then city card members then general sale to the public least you got your kid bro in and what a first game also

Aye, yeah, maybe. Ha, yeah, i can't even begin to think what my first game was but i bet we got beat!

York Away?? joking aside yeah great game for him to see he owes you no remember that :-> I cant remember my first game to but i will sure as hell remember 2011

Yeah, it was defo York away! I do know the first season i went was the relegation season from the Premier league (the first one) in 96?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.