Cadbury Chocolate

Any chocolate, any time, does me. Except Hershey's. In the borough of Bury we have Slattery's and a chocolate festival in Rammy. No wonder there's dentists on every street.

I know some people say that the sizes have reduced in recent years, and that's true. Just means I have two to make up for it.

Slattery's is the dog's bollocks. My mate is a decent chef and he did one of their chocolate making courses and was blown away by the standard. Not been for years though even though my office is down the road.

They've ruined Galaxy lately though haven't they? Well they have to my taste buds anyway. I used to love it but over recent years its changed and just doesn't taste the same at all.
I have only been eating galaxy for about 5 years, so dont know what it was like previously. Certainly Cadbury has changed the recipe and doesn't taste the same to me, hence my swap to galaxy

Here in Malaysia we get it imported from Australia and the UK. There really is no contest. One time I accidentally bought an Australian Twirl and it was shite. Same with Mars. The local Mars bar or Galaxy is nowhere near as good as the stuff imported from the UK.
The Mars bars on the Ryanair flights tasted much better I thought than UK bought ones. The chocolate seemed thinner but crispier. I remember finding out they where made in Egypt or somewhere similar. Bloody gorgeous non the less.

edit...Could have been anything to do with eating them at 27,000 ft and not sea level ??

Tony's Chocolonely is the best but at about £3.50ish a bar, its not cheap. The random shapes annoy me a little though.

I quite like Sainsbury's own brand. Much better than Cadburys which is not good (anymore) in my opinion. Change of recipe not good. Texture and taste all wrong.

The Mars bars on the Ryanair flights tasted much better I thought than UK bought ones. The chocolate seemed thinner but crispier. I remember finding out they where made in Egypt or somewhere similar. Bloody gorgeous non the less.

edit...Could have been anything to do with eating them at 27,000 ft and not sea level ??
I used to live in Morocco and they weren't that good there. I think they're usually worse in hot countries because they have to change the recipe to stop them melting.

Tony's Chocolonely is the best but at about £3.50ish a bar, its not cheap. The random shapes annoy me a little though.

I quite like Sainsbury's own brand. Much better than Cadburys which is not good (anymore) in my opinion. Change of recipe not good. Texture and taste all wrong.
Cadburys are no different than anyone else. Rowntrees made lovely chocolate as did Terry's. Old established firms get bought out and new owners soon announce a' New Improved Recipe'. The choccy goodness gets replaced with palm sugar and the only thing improved are their profit margins.

Cadburys chocolate is still pretty decent IMO, but nowhere near as good as it used to be. As for Galaxy, I think it's absolutely cheap low grade cocoa quality that leaves a claggy feeling in the mouth.

Cadburys are no different than anyone else. Rowntrees made lovely chocolate as did Terry's. Old established firms get bought out and new owners soon announce a' New Improved Recipe'. The choccy goodness gets replaced with palm sugar and the only thing improved are their profit margins.

Cadburys chocolate is still pretty decent IMO, but nowhere near as good as it used to be. As for Galaxy, I think it's absolutely cheap low grade cocoa quality that leaves a claggy feeling in the mouth.

Noticed that Galaxy and Hersheys are quite ' fatty ', dont know if it's just me.

Love Lindt and got a soft spot for Ritter after going to their outlet shop in Berlin and coming back with a massive sack of them - did you know that they were designed in that square shape back in the day, to make it easier to fit in your pocket to take to footie matches? (damned clever bunch the master race eh?!) Hate Hersheys, when Walmart took over Asda they tried to literally give the stuff away at my local one for a few weeks to generate some interest but even the girls involved admitted it was vile and nowadays there's a few bars gathering dust at the end of an aisle.Honourable mention for Tony's as well - my son brought some back from Holland for me and got me hooked on it.

Bournville old jamaica is the dogs.
then its wispa.
big into cream egges now too. Especually as theyre creamy again. It seems they went through a period where the middle was coagulated, not runny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.