Cadbury's Bourneville Old Jamaica rum

Newlunar said:
toby said:
Newlunar said:
All my younger life I hated plain chocolate.

But in recent years I've come to like some, like the occasional After Eight waffur thin mint.

But Jamaica Rum is undoubtedly the Piece d'resistance of plain chocolate. I love it, I think it maybe the raisins that just sweeten the chocolate ever so slightly.

You couldn't get it anywhere for a while but it looks like they've seen sense and relaunched this masterpiece.
Lovely.

mmmmmmmmm lovely newlunar do you have any can you pop round on that nice scooter of yours and bring us a piece ;0)

Nope I've finished it. But it's back mate, I'll find out where she got it from.
They sell it in Morrisons

Quite simply the best bar of chocolate ever invented (even better than Green & Black's Maya Gold) and anything with rum in it has to be good. Used to buy my dad a bar of Old Jamaica for birthday and Christmas (as his birthday and Christmas were only 7 days apart, he often only got one bar to tell the truth)

Anyone remember the pieces of the original bar (we're talking 1970's here) were shaped like a scrolled treasure map, to continue the piratical theme of the wrapper?

It was relaunched a few years ago, but the pieces were disappointingly just the normal chocolaty squares, but then disappeared again.

Very interested to hear that it's back.

Any choccy with raisins in is good enough for me. Honourable mention to the 'cabana bar' (think that's what it was called) and the coconut/cherry/chocolate combo.

On a cautionary note, dark chocolate can be fatal for dogs and, mint and chocolate together is wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.